Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed a genplusgx mod that shows covers (https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds). The video glitches all the time when browsing the main menu but it is still better than the original version with its stupid cartridge covers which piss me off. And I had no problem with it, but then I decided to change the forwarder (I always had this lameass CGI of Sonic running with his arms snapped backwards) with this one .

It says "the path that the forwarder takes is apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol" wihch is exactly where my genplusgx's boot.dol is located and it does a great job opening the genplusgx but it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx with "its stupid cartridge covers" AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE UNMODDED VERSION!!!! All i have is the modded genplusgx version that shows covers that I downloaded from https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds and it opens fine when opened from the homebrew channel but when I use this new forwarder, it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx. HOW THE F... IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE? Can a forwarder cancel out the modification? WTF???

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So, I installed a genplusgx mod that shows covers (https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds). The video glitches all the time when browsing the main menu but it is still better than the original version with its stupid cartridge covers which piss me off. And I had no problem with it, but then I decided to change the forwarder (I always had this lameass CGI of Sonic running with his arms snapped backwards) with this one .

It says "the path that the forwarder takes is apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol" wihch is exactly where my genplusgx's boot.dol is located and it does a great job opening the genplusgx but it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx with "its stupid cartridge covers" AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE UNMODDED VERSION!!!! All i have is the modded genplusgx version that shows covers that I downloaded from https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds and it opens fine when opened from the homebrew channel but when I use this new forwarder, it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx. HOW THE F... IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE? Can a forwarder cancel out the modification? WTF???

Okay, this is weird. I will check this forwarder, and if it goes cuckoo crazy with it, i will take the banner of this and i will replace it with a channel forwarder i know it's working fine.

Reactions: Alexander1970

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is weird. I will check this forwarder, and if it goes cuckoo crazy with it, i will take the banner of this and i will replace it with a channel forwarder i know it's working fine.
dude, that would be awesome, this one works fine. I've been using it for a long time but it is ugly af. If you could swap the music and the banner in this one with this one , I would much appreciate it.

Attachments

• Genplus GX - SEGA - IOS58 v11b.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 37

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
dude, that would be awesome, this one works fine. I've been using it for a long time but it is ugly af. If you could swap the music and the banner in this one with this one , I would much appreciate it.

okay dude ;)
I saw people swapping banners but most of the time they end bricking the Wii... so i will try to do by myself instead, i've done banner replacements before ;)
(i will need to replace 00000000.app though, but i know how to do :D )

Reactions: Alexander1970

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay dude ;)
I saw people swapping banners but most of the time they end bricking the Wii... so i will try to do by myself instead, i've done banner replacements before ;)
(i will need to replace 00000000.app though, but i know how to do :D )
ok, I am sure you know what you are talking about. Will you keep the music too? I mean from the new forwarder?

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, since 00000000.app stores all banner, icon, and sound used for the Wii forwarder channel ;)
great, i am waiting......
Post automatically merged:

oh yeah, I forgot to mention use this version (without fat knuckles)

Attachments

• Genesis Plus GX - N7LJ NO UGANDAN KNUCKLES.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 40
Last edited by cereal_killer,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do that again and I'm locking your topic.

If someone is going against forum rules - report them. Don't start slinging insults at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a