Problem with dslibris

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by LegacyFire, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008

Problem with dslibris by LegacyFire at 3:53 AM (5,226 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. LegacyFire
    OP

Newcomer LegacyFire Member

United States
    I can't get dslibris to work no matter what I do. It starts to load, goes to a white screen, and freezes. I have an acekard 2 with the newest akaio software. Any ideas?

2. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just loaded up dslibris-1.3b193.zip into my AK, be sure to follow the instructions (except dldi patching, it is auto)

make sure the files dslibris.nds & dslibris.xml are in the root along with the "font" & "book" folder.

You can rename "book" to "Book" for looks... also, try it with just the default dslibris.xht manual that comes with it, 1st time i tried it, i piled ALL the books from the DSLibrisMoonBooksPack.zip in there... it just white screened on me... must be a max # you can put in there (I only have about 10 in there now), but try with one 1st.

As a side note, you can move ONLY dslibris.nds to the Book folder (again only do that after you get it working, 1 mod at a time [​IMG]), I like it better there as the xht files normally dont show on the AK, so it appears to be an empty folder when viewed.

3. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    if you need help converting to xhtml, don't be afraid to ask ^^ its the format i mainly use seeing as i have a online converter from html->xhtml. before that getting most formats to html isn't that hard iehter.

4. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Where is the online converter? nm... i didnt even realize this was a standards format [​IMG] preparing-html-and-xhtml-for-reading-in-dslibris

btw mishra... how many books can you put on yours?

For the 4 cards i have.. it is 31 max (size dont matter)... I started a thread in homebrew... as the dual white screen happen to all my cards: 31 max thread here

5. LegacyFire
    OP

Newcomer LegacyFire Member

United States
    I can't even try it out again because my acekard 2 bricked. FAT Error... Damn you acekard!!!!

6. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    i haven't really tested out how many books it can hold but i'll give a try now. currently i just have 6.

heh i forgot i wrote a guide awhile back as well to converting to xhtml xD
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=100058&hl=xhtml

7. Eamon3

Newcomer Eamon3 Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    I have dslibris up and running on my ds lite but the books all appear with the message " - no title specified".
    How can I get the book titles to appear?

Any help would be greatly apprected.

Thanks.

Eamon

8. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States

Hi Eamon, I know this post is a year old, but it comes up first in Google and I thought I'd share the solution:

- Export your file as .xhtml (I use Open Office)
    - Open your .xhtml in Notepad
    - Find the follow line (only a few rows down):
    - no title specified

- Change "- no title specified" to whatever you want
    - Save

9. mechagouki

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    I've been using Calibre (download here) to convert to .epub and it works perfectly in DSLibris. I am running it off my R4i on my DSi XL and TBH, missing bells and whistles aside, I can't understand why you would drop $270 on a Kindle, it's a perfect app for the XL.

10. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't think that means its bricked... Although I'm not sure, sounds like a file system error on the micro sd

11. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    erm, this post wasn't suppose to go through, it said flood control was on