Problem with Composite Cables on Chipped PS2

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by SilentOne1994, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SilentOne1994
    OP

SilentOne1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    Hey guys!
    so i've recently bought Composite cables for my chipped PS2 and my TV doesnt have RGB Support or AV Support so ive resulted to using a TV to Female AV connector which works perfectly for the PS2 AV Cables when I plug them into it but im wanting to use my PS2 RGB Composite Cables that look like the pic below,
    is there a female composite to TV cable? and if so will something like this work?

The picture on the black sheet is the component cable i'm wanting to use for my PS2
    and the picture with the white background (cable on the left) is the female composite connector im considering purchasing and not sure if it will work.

Attached Files:

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    You'll have to find out whether the TV accepts composite or component. They're very different formats.

3. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    If you want some better visuals you could consider a rgb scart cable if you live in europe or australia.

4. SilentOne1994
    OP

SilentOne1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    is this the right one?

Attached Files:

5. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    According to the description, yes. It'll provide RGB from PS1, PS2, or PS3.

(a tip: if you see a mysterious cable with no sign what it is, take care. they may be "JP21" instead. Japan's form of RGB cable looks superficially alike)