OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
This is what i get: a previous update requires a system reboot please do this now
i reboot and it still shows the same message and avira doesn't automatically update.

Don't tell me about manual update. the manual update works fine. OK?
sad.gif
cry.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Um, really, go to Administration, the click on scheduler. After that, set it to whatever time you wan't. And don't worry about the update. It happened to me to. It's just because of the new virus definition that may need system rebooting.

And it's so true. I used to use avast, 12 viruses won't get off. Then switched, all 12 plus more were removed. Avira has the highest detection rate at 99% while avast trails at 97%.

SasukeTBITW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
KingdomBlade said:
Um, really, go to Administration, the click on scheduler. After that, set it to whatever time you wan't. And don't worry about the update. It happened to me to. It's just because of the new virus definition that may need system rebooting.

And it's so true. I used to use avast, 12 viruses won't get off. Then switched, all 12 plus more were removed. Avira has the highest detection rate at 99% while avast trails at 97%.
i have done that and nothing happened

SasukeTBITW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
D34DL1N3R said:
Uninstall, reboot, run CCleaner, then reinstall the latest Avira.

Great AV... and better than Avast.
tongue.gif
i have tried it before you even told me that
too bad it doesn't work
i guess i'll stick to the manual update for now and i'll see if there will be any other replies

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have CCleaner or anything else set to run or remove temp files during shutdown/startup, or do you have the notifier blocked?

SasukeTBITW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
i tried without using CCleaner> A friend of mine said it's not necessary to run so i didn't get the program.
so.... all i have to do is run CCleaner after reboot?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazyndsfan said:
i tried without using CCleaner> A friend of mine said it's not necessary to run so i didn't get the program.
so.... all i have to do is run CCleaner after reboot?

I was saying that you do NOT want anything running that may be deleting your temp files upon shutdown and/or reboot. The update file is stored in a temp location and if it's being erased Avira cannot find it to finish updating.

If you never tried CCleaner to begin with... uninstall Avira & reboot, run CCleaner using both the cleaner & registry scans, uninstall CCleaner, then reinstall Avira.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs