Problem with AK2i and Zelda PH

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by budzek, Jun 23, 2011.

Jun 23, 2011
  1. budzek
    OP

Newcomer budzek Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, i am having the same issue here...http://gbatemp.net/t242167-acekard-2i-and-phantom-hourglass?&st=0

The intro of PH will run perfectly fine then when it gets to the part with the swirly purple part with tetra, the sound becomes very distorted and the game runs very slowly, and will freeze.

I had a r4i-sdhc (a clone im sure) and the game was running perfectly with that (with the same SD card.)

I am using AKAIO 1.8.7, have anti piracy bypass enabled, soft reset disabled.

Whats wrong?

I found a video of the problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2mD3gz5YrE

Though I am using a NDSL

2. budzek
    OP

United States
    the problem was the write speed, i switch from class 2 to class 4 and it works pretty much 100% now

weird how my class 2 worked on my r4 clone though

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    The class does no affect your read speed (or very little effect), and except for creating and writing to .sav files the flashcart barely ever needs a decent write speed. Plus in future remember to format with Panasonic SD formatter.

4. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Well it really depends. While class refers strictly to write speed, and write speed is irrelevant to ROM running (as mentioned above), a higher classed microSD is probably of better quality and build, so it probably has better read speeds too. "Probably", because it is no sure thing, but it generally works like that.

After all when you buy microSDs they don't actually advertise their read speeds (as those seem to be important only to flashcarts), so such rough gauges of quality are all you can rely on.

5. budzek
    OP

United States
    it was actually a 8gb sd card that was delivered the same day as the flashcart for my brothers droid...i switched my other 8gb card with his, since i dont think it will matter for his droid