Problem with adding new games

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kishire, Apr 26, 2010.

Apr 26, 2010

Problem with adding new games by Kishire at 10:22 PM (1,147 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Kishire
    OP

Newcomer Kishire Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys, I recently bought a NDSi XL and a Acekard2i. All I really did was transfered my 8GB memory card to the new Acekard2i then plug it in & everything worked fine. However when I tried to add new games, it just show the process and the % is always at zero...then it just freeze up, and I hit cancel and eventually it stop then cancel the whole thing, and everything in my memory card becomes empty. At first, I thought it erased everything I had in that sdhc memory card, but when I unplug the card, and re-insert it, everything shows up normally again, INCLUDING the new game that I tried to add...which is really weird.

I've also tried adding different type of games to see if it was just happening to a certain game, but nope, the same thing keep happening, and I'm afraid it might really erase all my files. So any idea what is going on here? should I create a backup of all my games & try reformmating the card?

PS: I'm using the latest Akaio ver. (1.6RC2)

Update: btw, I only tried adding 2 games which were Zelda - Spirit Track, and Polarium, and neither game works when I tried it. =(

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Seems like a MicroSD problem. I suggest you back-up files and format with the Panasonic Formatter. Then try again.

3. Mages4ever

Member Mages4ever GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Have you tried a different card reader?

The cheap ones can cause problems. I had 4x 8GB cards for my sister+kids, I was setting them up and they were fine. I decided to add just 1 or 2 more games to each, and all 4 cards corrupted. I had to start over and decided to back them all up, backing them up also corrupted them all. It drove me up the wall, in the end I used a different card reader and they stopped corrupting. All 4 cards have had no problems since.

5. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    yeah, try a different card readed! If i put my micro-sd from my acekardi into my laptop (windows7) via a card reader, via the built in SD card slot of my laptop, it either freezes whilst copying the date over (roms and saves), or I instantly get the blue screen of death, which actually happens the majority of the time, causing me to reset obviously! lol, sd card readers suck!!!
    But if i use the micro SD card reader, plugged in to a USB port, which came originally with my m3dsreal, it works perfectly fine...!!

6. Kishire
    OP

United States
    I've found and fixed the problem, and you guys are right, it is the card reader!
    Before I got the DSi (XL) and Acekard 2i, I used a USB flash reader that came with my Acekard2.1
    which worked like a charm.

But when I ordered the Acekard2i, it also came with another reader, the USB flash "2.0". So I thought I should try using that one instead, and man I had a hunch it was the issue, cuz when I tried to insert my sdhc card, it didn't really click or anything, and I tried to add some more games again before I was going to format my card, and what do you know, I couldn't insert it in anymore because well, I guess it just broke...the sdhc card kinda just FALL in it, the reader didn't seem to be holding it correctly at all.

Sooo I reverted back to my original flash reader, added Polarium & Zelda again, and both games were added correctly, and they both worked perfectly when I try to play them! Thank goodness.
    Thank you everyone for your advice & help too, I appreciate it.

7. kleptodathief

Newcomer kleptodathief Advanced Member

United States
    ya i hate these crappy dxtreme SD card readers, always corrupts ur card

i now only use my trusted real sandisk reader model SDDR-104 AC0705XXC made in china

8. Kishire
    OP

United States
    Hey guys one more thing...So far all the games seem to be working but a few, one is Kindom Heart 358/2 Days, which was working previously on my Acekard2.1 w/ the same Akaio ver.
    and another game that doesn't work is Style Savvy (european ver.) that has already been patched, which also worked previously on my Acekard2.1

is this due to the Akaio 1.6RC2 version?

9. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    For Style Savvy/ Boutique, Normmatt has fixed it in his latest build. I've no idea about KH.

For style savvy you can use the loader from official as in this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#ak2loader although according to lighty there are errors later in the game. That may also work for KH