Problem with Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by markg140, Dec 17, 2009.

Dec 17, 2009

Problem with Acekard by markg140 at 12:07 AM (1,547 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    I just received an Acekard 2.1 and installed everything on my MicroSDHC as instructed on the wiki. However when I insert it into the kart and then into my DS, it does not work. It shows that there is something in the slot(it doesn't say there is no game) but the DS game option is white and when I click on it, the screen turns white and nothing happens. Any tips on how to make this work? I had it working for a little bit when I first installed the official acekard firmware but then I couldn't get Spirit tracks to work so I reformatted and then intalled akaio. I even tried to reinstall the official firmware and have installed both a few times, but nothing seemed to work.

2. RPG Hacker

Member RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    When you formatted the card, which format did you format it into? It has to be FAT I think.

3. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Fat32 is just fine. We wouldn't be able to use higher sdhc cards if you had to use FAT.

Sounds like his problem lies with the connection that the acekard is making with the DS.
    Search for the "paper trick" for acekard.

4. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    I used the Panasonic formatter that is linked on the wiki, I'm not sure whether it gave me an option. The properties say that it is FAT32, is this the same thing?

Replied before I had a chance to post [​IMG]
    I will try this trick and get back to you. Thank you.

5. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    its not hard, you pretty much just wedge a folded piece of paper in with the cart so it pushes the cart up against the pins of the ds. ive never had a problem with this on my ds phat or lite, but it has happened to others.

6. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    I tried the paper trick but it didn't work. This doesn't make much sense to me since it worked like 4 hours ago. It stopped working when I changed the firmware from official to akaio.

Has anyone ever heard of someone having a problem similar to this? On the DS home screen it shows up as having a DS card there but it is just white. Then when I click on it both screens turn completely white and just sits like that. No error messages.

7. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    No suggestions? Has my card bricked itself or something? If so is there a way to unbrick it? Or am I just shit out of luck...

8. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Read the rules!

Do not bump your own post - especially same day!

Have you tried changing back to official FW to see what happens?

9. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    Yes, I changed back and forth a few times trying to get one to work, but the same thing happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVYgxYz2Crg

Here's a link to a quick video I made of what I was doing and what the result was in case it helps at all.
    Excuse the quality, I made it with my Iphone.

Edit: Is there no one who can help me? Am I just a retard ho can't put stuff on his sd right or is it my Acekard?

10. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    So, I still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong with the card, so I contacted the reseller but haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know if this is covered in the one year warranty?

11. mewtwo-EX

Newcomer mewtwo-EX Member

United States
    Wait...all you did was change the software from AK2 to AKAIO and it stopped working? Did you try reformatting your uSD? (I use the Panasonic formatter too and have had no problems.)

I watched your video and the fact that it sees something in the slot, but no AK2 image or text shows up leads me to believe there is either contact problems (use paper trick to solve) or firmware corruption. Did you remove the AceKard or uSD when the power was on? If you have the 2i, I would suggest reflashing, but I don't think there is flashing capability on the 2.1...

You could also try running without a uSD card inserted. Under normal circumstances, it will show the AK2 logo, and boot to a black screen with Loading... in green and hang there. This will rule out uSD issues.

12. markg140
    OP

Newcomer markg140 Newbie

United States
    Yes, all I did was change from AK2 to AKAIO. I have tried formatting my sd card a few times, but it did not solve the problem.

I tried the paper trick before and just for good measures tried it again but I still have the same result. I have never taken out the acekard or sd while the power was on. It's a 2.1 not a 2i, I had seen flashing mentioned in another thread but after reading up on it it seems to only be for 2i's to make them work with DSi firmware 1.4 or something like that.

I tried it without a micro sd in the cart. It still showed up as the same thing. It reads that there is something in the slot but nothing shows(just a blank white spot) and when I click on it the screen becomes white. I had also tried it with a different sd card but the same thing happens.

13. mewtwo-EX

United States
    Well, since it does the same thing with or without a uSD, I think it's safe to say the AceKard is dead. Since it has nothing to do with software, or any apparent error on your part, it should be replaced under warranty.

14. 7mike7

Newcomer 7mike7 Member

United States
    akaio no longer supports acekard clones, yours might me a clone if that helps

15. mewtwo-EX

United States
    He's ruled that out by trying to run with no uSD card inserted. Please read former posts.