Problem running games from USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by CheatingSoi, Jun 28, 2014.

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    So I just got a "broken" Wii on eBay for 5 bucks. The seller didn't seem to know much about it so I figured it wasn't really broken or at least could be easily fixed. Turned out I was right. It just has a broken disk drive. So I'm trying to install USB Loader GX. I haven't hacked a Wii in years so all the techniques are new to me. I'm as far as using the letterbomb exploit to install homebrew channel. USB Loader says I need certain CIOS and I remember using some sort of CIOS installer back in the day. However, When I try to use them, the Wii just locks up. I can't seem to find a current way that works for me. What do I do to simply get USB loader GX to work?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I strongly suggest grabbing ModMii and generating a step-by-step guide - it will guide you through the process and download everything you need to get your Wii up-to-date.

CheatingSoi likes this.
  3. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Thank you. That's exactly what I needed. Now I'm all hacked up.

Foxi4 likes this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Perfect, good to hear that everything went well. :)

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Pretty pumped. Im getting it all ready to sell to a friend for 50 bucks. Then I'll turn around and buy a lot of broken systems and try my hand at repairing and re-selling those.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Business like any other, especially if it's fun. Reviving dead consoles, putting them back on the market and making money? Thumbs up and good luck. ;)