Hacking Problem mounting my SDHC card

MatLax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ever since I hacke my friend's Wii I keep getting an error when I try to mount my SDHC card (Kingston 8gigs)

In the HBC it will load any apps without any problem, but as soon as I open an application that requires the use of my SDHC card, I will get the Ret=-1 error (on Wad Manager 1.5 or 1.4, doesn't make any difference), USB Loader can't access my card to load the covers I have downloaded, Homebrew Browser will tell me the card may not be placed correctly inside the Wii, but I can still access any of my WiiWare/VC games through the SD menu...

Here are my specs:
LU64
HBC 1.0.3
Rev14
Preloader .29
BootMii as IOS

EDIT: AnyTitle Deleter DB won't load the Database.txt file (Loading database... Failed!!!)

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to reformat the sd card with the panasonic sd card formatter and use the settings "Format type - full(erase)" and "Format size adjust - on".

If this didn't help try another sd card.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MatLax said:
Homebrew Browser will tell me the card may not be placed correctly inside the Wii, but I can still access any of my WiiWare/VC games through the SD menu...
not all hb apps support sdhc, depending on the library they are built with - i know this is true of HBB, there was some back and forth on the dev's site about the topic a little while ago.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a similar problem. I can use my 8GB Kingston SDHC card (actually a MicroSD with a SD adapter) with the System Menu to copy/run channels and saves but HBC doesn't see it. I've tried with two other MicroSD cards (2GB and 512MB) and they both work with SM and HBC
frown.gif

MatLax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's crazy is that I had absolutly no problem BEFORE I hacked my friend's Wii with it using the files provided by Dogeggs on Wiihacks. The first problem I had with his Wii was when I tried to install Bootmii and it didn't mount the card and then it would work on and off and now it doesn't work at all with any apps. Might that be caused by physical damage to the card? That wouldn't explain that I can still run my games on the SD menu...

I formatted the card using the Panasonic program, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

elguapo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a problem with the covers not loading using USB LoaderGX, sometimes I have to hit the sd icon to reload the card though. I do have problems installing wads off of the same card you have though. I now have a 2gb sd card that I use only for installing wads and my sdhc I use for running everything else. Think I'm gonna back up my card now though just in case it quits working completely, it used to work for wad installs, now it doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.