Problem Loading Card

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by haroken, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011

Problem Loading Card by haroken at 8:43 AM (656 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. haroken
    OP

Newcomer haroken Newbie

United States
    I turn on the DS and it flashes the DS Loading screen, , then i get the black screen with the M3 logo in the corner and then... nothing. it just sits on a black screen and never loads the OS.

The SD card is read with no problems by my computer. If there is no card in the m3 it recognizes that.

Is there maybe something wrong with the card connector pins or whatever? I'm pretty much at a loss [​IMG]

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just a few questions....

1) What M3 card are we talking about ?? the M3iZero ?? - I think there's 2 DIFFERENT versions of this.
    The older version and the newer GMP-Z003 version.
    I've read that the newer version does have problems & may need 're-flashing' occasionally (can any1 else confirm this ??)
    2) You DO have the OS on the microSD card don't you ??
    3) Have you tried formatting it with the panasonic formatter, if so - was it a 'quick format' or a 'full format' ??
    (I've had to do a 'Full Format' once on a card that didn't work, even after a 'Quick Format')
    4) Have you got another MicroSd card to try out ??
    5) Details of the MicroSD card - Make, Size, Speed (if applicable) - may help

3. haroken
    OP

Newcomer haroken Newbie

United States
    I wont pretend to be an expert on the subject and its been forever since I bought it so Ill try and answer as best i can.

The card just says M3DS Real. I dont remember an I or zero anywhere.

Yes, I have an OS. Its worked for 2 years now and just suddenly began having problems.

I've formatted my card once to make Wood usable, but I dont know if that is a quick or full.

I do nnot have another Micro card [​IMG] I def would have tried that otherwise.

the card is a sandisk 16gb

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Well that's my theory about the M3iZero then - we know it can't be that that is the problem then
    The m3Real card

It could be a corrupt sector on the MicroSD card - I would suggest backing up your card - do a FULL format using the panasonic formatter & reinstall a fresh copy (not from your backup) of the M3 OS

That would at least eliminate the possibility of a corrupt sector on the card