Problem isntalling WADs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by biton161, Mar 10, 2009.

1. biton161
    OP

biton161 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    United States
    Hi,

I need to install some WAD channels.
    I started off by trying to install the Homebrew. Since my system is 3.2U I tried using the bootable ISO (which should work on this version). No success - my Wii cant boot the DVD in either the Disc Channel or through the Gecko OS.
    Since I didn't care for getting all the trouble of TP hack to install HBC, I looked up and found an ISO of WAD Manager 1.3, which I managed to work.
    However, when I try to install the WADs (anyone, doesn't matter) I get an error with ret code -1029.
    I understood from looking up in forums that it might have something to do with IOS's that need to be removed, however I don't not know what IOS's are or how to remove any of them without the Homebrew channel.

Can anyone help me to solve this ? All I really want is the ability to install WADs, but if a solution to the Homebrew installation problem come along, I wouldn't mind...
    My Wii is chipped, though I don't not know the chip type as it was purchased abroad.

Thanks,
    Biton.

2. biton161
    OP

biton161 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    United States
    More data that might help :
    - I have GeckOS and Backup Channel (Gamma) installed. Both read SC-Edition IOS249 at the bottom once I activate them.
    - When I load the WAD manager, it says "custom IOS detected ad loaded !"

3. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    First of all, when you want to do homebrew, do it the best way. So install HBC.

The problem that you're having (-1029) goes to you've an old cIOS.

Use cIOS Uninstaller to uninstall your cIOS. Then, install the latest cIOS (cIOS36 rev08)

4. biton161
    OP

biton161 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    United States
    Thanks,

Will this newer cIos work with my existing loaders (GeckOs and Gamma) ?

5. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    yes it will

6. biton161
    OP

biton161 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    United States
    When i use the Zelda TP, do I have to worry about the game doing an update (I want to stay with 3.2U) ?
    Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice