Problem installing AutoCAD 2011

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by ComeTurismO, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Hi there,

I'm currently trying to install CAD on my computer to finish CADs quickly. Unfortunately when I go to the setup it says not installed, you may view BLAH BLAH BLAH for more info.
    First of, that BLAH BLAH BLAH doesn't exist in my pc. Help me out please?

2. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    It would help if you give more details about the problem other than blah blah blah because no one would know what's wrong.

3. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Dunno what "AutoCAD" you use ... (Autodesk?)
    I know the problem from SolidWorks which is a CAD programm as well and it allways makes problems ^^V
    Sometimes it helps to look if you have .net framework installed correctly and some other stuff you can usually find on the CD/DVD of the Programm.

P.S. you could try to use SolidEdge which has a free student version ...

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Might also help to know OS version, installation media, legit or pirated copy, what "blah blah blah" is.

As for now - did you try turning it off and on again?

5. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Blah blah blah is a folder which has a setup.log in it for more info, located in my temp local appdata folder. The autocad 2011 is the folder which doesn't exist. I'm on windows 7
    It's legit, and my teacher gave me a link. I told my teacher and he's like check if I have the one for my pcs bit. Eg - 32 or 64 bit

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    When you say it does not exist are you sure it does not exist? Various files in appdata and the user folders can be hidden. You can force it there but manually going to the address or by unhiding folders.