Hacking Problem geting Monster Hunter Tri to work =/

Kiruwagaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIRMWARE 4.2E

ok i bought a 8gb pen and i updated my wii to 4.2 (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/updating) all went well but now because of all those cios you guys told me to install and such the game still gives me that bip sound and when i try to reinstall the correct cios (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios) i try to do version 4 and everytime it says "hash bad" or "bad hash" something like that... is there any better way?

on uLoader the game shows and opens and when i click start game (already in game) it makes that anoying biping sound (trying to be more explicit)

My old thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=223053

Had to make this new thread cause it's a diferent problem now, there you can see how messed up my cios are atm lol.

Kiruwagaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there are many guides around that explane how to play this game and thats why most people don't even open this thread but please for those who do give me a hand here it's no longer an issue that can be solved with a search button because the problem is now diferent from all those people, I need to know if i should use any tittle deleter and delete those ios what should i do, i realy don't know..

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check ur PM's
smile.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Use cios222 v4 base37/38
1. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
2. Read the warning message and push A
3. Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
4. Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37
5. Wait for download and installation to complete
6. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
7. Select IOS249 to perform the install again
8. This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60
9. Finally, use IOS249 to perform install again.
10. Select Custom IOS 224 and use IOS57 as base.
*IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.
*Experiment with other merges or not merging at all if neither of the options provided here work for you,
or cios249 rev19 base 37 or 223 v5 37 base any of these should work

Sigue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble getting monster hunter tri to work and i am getting bad hash when trying to install both ios 222 with 37 and 38 merged as well as ios 223 with 37 and 38 merged. the line that appears is as follows

"downloading part 1/15 (ok): from SD: hash BAD."

It seems to be trying to access the SD but i want it to access the relevant files from the internet don't i?

Any help would be much appreciated

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigue said:
I am having trouble getting monster hunter tri to work and i am getting bad hash when trying to install both ios 222 with 37 and 38 merged as well as ios 223 with 37 and 38 merged. the line that appears is as follows

It seems to be trying to access the SD but i want it to access the relevant files from the internet don't i?

Do you have other computers connected that might be downloading as this can break the connection while you are installing

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Sigue said:

Which version of cios 222 installer are you using? It should just start and install. I just tried it myself, and it downloads no problem.

Sigue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im using my computer too but it isnt downloading.
ill try disconnecting it too.

Just disconnected my comp from the internet but no dice. still the same error.

Sigue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok. probably should tell ya ive also tried another way of getting monster hunter to work and thats the installing rev19 for and using neogamma. the installation works but it gives me a disk read error. both usb loader gx and neogamma load my other games flawlessly.

Sigue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just read this

Q: I'm trying to install cIOS 222 with Hermes Installer v4 for uLoader, but it keeps returning "from SD: hash BAD" when I tell it to install IOS 222 as IOS38 merged with IOS37. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

A: You must have a bad set of partial channels on your SD already. If your Wii is online, go to the SD and you will notice a directory named 0000001 or something. Rename or delete that and the 222 installation should work. If you are trying the offline install, then you downloaded the wrong IOS or version. Follow the steps again and pay special attention to the version numbers.

Im going to give it a try and post results.

Didnt work. just downloaded some files and made to 0000001 again.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Use cios222 v4 base37/38
1. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
2. Read the warning message and push A
3. Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
4. Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37
5. Wait for download and installation to complete
6. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
7. Select IOS249 to perform the install again
8. This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60
*IOS223 gives you an alternative option for merged IOS in this way. It is exactly the same as IOS222 otherwise.
*Experiment with other merges or not merging at all if neither of the options provided here work for you,

Hi, did a forum search but didn't quite find anything that I could understand.
Where can one get a copy of the files you mentioned here?

My Wii is currently 4.2, I followed this guide to get there:
http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

I have the iso in WiiFlow, everything runs fine until I press start game, which will result in a black screen and a stuck sound (just like OP).

Thanks a lot.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks cobleman,
I used the hermes cIOS 222 v4 to install.

I followed your steps and got stump on number 9.
QUOTE said:

There is no Custom IOS 224 available in the options.

EDIT: Ok so I used cIOS 222 v5 for steps 9 and 10. Is that ok? I used v4 on steps 1-8 though..

Anyway after installation, I boot up WiiFlow and Monster Hunter.
Still have the same problem of the game freezing after pressing START GAME.

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste