Problem backing up NAND in bootmi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ryu X, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Ryu X
    OP

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
    I installed bootmi and wanted to back up my NAND in case I ever get a brick but whenever I try i just get "Backup Failed -1"

How do I fix this?

2. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    Do you have at least 528-540ish MB of space free on the sd card you're using? If you do and you've tried formatting it and such as well, then it's most likely an sd card problem and you need to use a different one.

3. Ryu X
    OP

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
    I am using one of my old micro SD cards in an SD adapter. One of the only spare cards I had laying around, use to use it for my DS.

4. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    Umm...well that doesn't really change anything in my answer for you. If it doesn't have enough space it won't work, if it does, formatting it MIGHT help, if that still doesn't work then you need a different SD card that IS compatible with it.

5. MainframeF4

MainframeF4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Change your SD as I had this same problem. All of the files copied just fine when going through the installation of Bootmii but once I got to backing up the NAND I received the same error until trying a new SD card.

6. Tux'

Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    How much space do you have left on your sd card?? You've been neglecting that question since it was asked!

7. sl33p

sl33p GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    It sounds like you either have a free space issue or are using an incompatible card.

8. Ryu X
    OP

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
    Yea full 1 gig on the card. Might be the card then.

9. Lexip;

Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    Copy all the files off your sd card. Reformat the card and only put the bootmii files on the card. See if that works.