Not open for further replies.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I mean in terms of devices, why can't anything be emulated?
Shnap, boiii, I think I misread. I thought what was said was that "any device could emulate anything" which would then be followed up with, "a snes could emulate a ps4, at 1fps!" - That's what I thought was said; that kind of thing. Which is ridiculous and not true at all, my b!

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shnap, boiii, I think I misread. I thought what was said was that "any device could emulate anything" which would then be followed up with, "a snes could emulate a ps4, at 1fps!" - That's what I thought was said; that kind of thing. Which is ridiculous and not true at all, my b!
lol yeah I didnt mean anything can emulate anything. certain requirements are needed and Snes just wouldn't meet those requirments.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah I didnt mean anything can emulate anything. certain requirements are needed and Snes just wouldn't meet those requirments.
Yeah, sorry about the misunderstanding! I've read that example on Wololo so many times and it makes me cringe LOL! I was worried it made its way over here Hahah!

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry about the misunderstanding! I've read that example on Wololo so many times and it makes me cringe LOL! I was worried it made its way over here Hahah!
It's all good some people just don't think before they say, just as lomg as everyone keeps to a saying like "all devices can be emulated, but not every device can emulate".

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a thrill. Truly helps my depression and lack of self confidence.
Brb, gonna go cancel my therapy sessions lol
But yeah, out of seriousness, I should have just stayed inactive here. Just a reminder of why I left.
At least from what I've seen, only about 30% of the 3DS and Wii U scene are actual nice and reasonable people.
I think some 5 year old's are more mature than some of the people here.
Well, you just set a bait to see how people will react or? Dont take it personally mate, people who were mean are respected hackerman, so deal with it.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe "But a damn Nintendo Switch u peasent"
And "probably a dumb idea...yeah it is"

I was fully aware that it might have been a dumb question, but I don't need to be reminded of it. It's pretty clear.
Also, the first comment doesn't even have anything to do with my question.
I simply had an idea I thought was a bit interesting, and I almost always get backlash for it. It's pretty annoying.
I mean, at least explain why it wouldn't work, instead of just giving me sarcasm or a one word answer.
So yeah, I think it's justified...

Pretty much I only got actually information from two people.
If you don't want answers like that then do assume research and logical thinking first before posting a "probably dumb" question

Deleted120957125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in theory, couldn't a powerful enough android emulate the Switch OS?
And games could be qued up from a directory in the Android OS?
Also, Joycons could be linked by some special software or something, idk.

I haven't and probably never will own a Switch, so I dunno how the thing even works and operates. But upon inspection, it just looks like a high quality tablet, and the OS pretty much is just Nintendo's take of an Android OS.

Again, this could just be me being a big dummy, but I thought it was at least an interesting idea.
Please re-read this statement and ask yourself "why did I get so much hate for such an absurd, generalized statement...even when I admitted it sounded dumb?"
To me it sounds like you just discovered Dolphin Emulator on your android phone and you want to believe that a similar app could be made for the switch.. sadly this is not how emulators are created (otherwise it would be posted everywhere). Emulation requires thousands of hours worth of reverse engineering the device, and then compiling it to work on a native system in a playable state. We just got a Xbox 360 emulator with steadfast progress, so don't expect anything on that front for a while. If anything, emulation will most likely be made for windows first as PCs have higher specs then phones and have more universal coding languages with pages of documentation.
Same principle with your Joy-Con idea as well.

Last edited by Deleted120957125,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, in theory, couldn't a powerful enough android emulate the Switch OS?
And games could be qued up from a directory in the Android OS?
Also, Joycons could be linked by some special software or something, idk.

I haven't and probably never will own a Switch, so I dunno how the thing even works and operates. But upon inspection, it just looks like a high quality tablet, and the OS pretty much is just Nintendo's take of an Android OS.

Again, this could just be me being a big dummy, but I thought it was at least an interesting idea.

Those arguments easily can lead into thinking that and Android tablet is the same as a Windows one. Your "theory" is a failure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I already had my lunch some hours ago and it was quite good