Printer doesn't recognize Ink cartridge.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by AlanJohn, Mar 2, 2011.

Mar 2, 2011
  1. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I refilled my ink cartridge... But now PC is telling me that it can't recognize the following cartridge: Color. I have a Canon MP270 and I use FINE cartridges... Someone help me...

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Sometimes the circuitry in print cartridges are duds. Take it back for a refund/replacement. I've only seen it happen once though, and it was with an official Canon print cartridge too.

3. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Thats not an answer to my current question. I heard that there is some way to "reset" a cartridge, How can you do that?

4. Rogue_Syst3m

Member Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

United States
    should be an option on the printer

5. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Nope, such option not exist... I tried mptool but it didn't work, any suggestions on ink reseters?

6. Rogue_Syst3m

Member Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not even in the printer software? did u try unplugging it then plugging it back in?

it could be bad contacts as mentioned...

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Usual "check the contacts- refilling can get messy and I assume you are new to the gig" and with that out of the way onto the good stuff

Printer cartridge manufacturers are unpleasant people and will do just about everything in their power to stop people refilling, tweaking or otherwise depriving them of cartridge sales. The history of such things is long and well documented if you want to look.

I have not dealt with this model (or for that matter Canon in a long time either) so I am afraid I have no definite advice but a quick search for "Canon MP270 cartridge reset" says hold the reset button for 10 seconds (disables checks) and then if it queries it again press the red triangle button ( http://www.extremecow.com/Can_t_print_afte...70-qna1605.html )
    The cart probably has an onboard chip which you can reset but that would be tricky and most places that do it tend to opt for a big machine to do the deed rather than say a little switch hidden somewhere on the cartridge.

8. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I tried that 1 million times and its not working at all...