Homebrew Priiloader question.

Doodle299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyo gbatemp. I've got a quick couple of questions about the app Priiloader. I've got a homebrewed Wii, and I havn't done any change to the IOS, etc etc. It's just how it was when I first hacked it. The only apps are for using Gecko OS/Downloading cheat txt files etc. I'm looking to install priiloader for safety reasons in case something bad happens. here are my questions. I also really only use homebrew for cheat code purposes, but still, I'd rather be safe.

(I apologize is my questions seem stupid, I am not all that familiar with Wii hacking.)

1. Will I need to change anything related to the IOS/Etc?

2. If I download the Priiloader installer from Wiibrew, is there any risk to installing it?

3. How do I check to make sure it won't cause harm to my system?

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated, I'd rather have some safety so I don't brick my wii.

(Once again, sorry if my questions seem rather obvious or stupid, I am not too familiar with Wii hacking.)
Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where this would go.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Doodle299,

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
1. It works on the original IOSes, even after you install the IOSes needed for USB Loaders later

2. The download from Wiibrew is safe as I've used it myself and have seen no problems at all

3. I have no idea how it could cause harm since it's designed to protect your Wii, but if you need to ensure things run smooth with Priiloader after installation, avoid the Priiloader region free hacks as they could result in installing disc updates for another region (e.g. US update on EU Wii), which would be incompatible and possibly brick

Also, if you change any dummy IOSes (that Nintendo use to replace any custom IOSes around in that slot), disc updates will appear again unless Priiloader hacks are used to block them or you bypass the disc channel (using a small homebrew app or USB Loader to boot from disc)

Last edited by Gamer4647,

Doodle299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It works on the original IOSes, even after you install the IOSes needed for USB Loaders later

2. The download from Wiibrew is safe as I've used it myself and have seen no problems at all

3. I have no idea how it could cause harm since it's designed to protect your Wii, but if you need to ensure things run smooth with Priiloader after installation, avoid the Priiloader region free hacks as they could result in installing disc updates for another region (e.g. US update on EU Wii), which would be incompatible and possibly brick

Also, if you change any dummy IOSes (that Nintendo use to replace any custom IOSes around in that slot), disc updates will appear again unless Priiloader hacks are used to block them or you bypass the disc channel (using a small homebrew app or USB Loader to boot from disc)

Okay, thanks. As I said, I have not changed anything to do with the IOS, it's the same defualt wii as from when I bought it, except it has the HBC.

EDIT: Just a quick off topic question, can I use GeckoOS for Gamecube Games? (I highly doubt it..)

Thanks!

Last edited by Doodle299,

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GeckoOS

Changelog
Gecko 1.9.1
The "No Hooks" option should work correctly now
Displayed code line limit was one line greater than the actual limit, that is now fixed
Displayed channel names are more complete
Improved Gamecube disc detection
Games that use IOS 36 (for example, Super Smash Bros. Brawl) no longer require a second disc spin-up when loading

Gamecube disc detection = yes

Last edited by Gamer4647,

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can also set it up, so it blocks disc and internet updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome