Priiloader on 4.2K

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Franki, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Franki
    OP

Franki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thailand
    Successfully installed Bootmii (as an IOS) and HBC on my 4.2K Wii thanks to the CompleteSoftmodGuide.

[​IMG] I think the next step is to further brick proof by installing Priiloader. Although this seems to be generally advised I don't understand how this helps other than prevents disk or auto-updates? I also haven't seen any reference to this being installed on a Korean Wii.

Can anyone confirm that Priiloader can be safely installed on a Korean 4.2K Wii?
    Would Startpatch be a safer option as I understand that this does similar without moving the system menu?

Ta.

2. C.S.I.

C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2010
    Down under
    Priiloader allows the Wii to boot even if the Sys Menu is farked. The Hacks are just a 'bonus'.

And you should install it, once someone confirms (and thats NOT me) that its OK for a Korean Wii.

3. Franki
    OP

Franki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thailand

Thanks C.S.I.

Can anyone confirm that Priiloader can be safely installed on a Korean 4.2K Wii?
    If not, are there any alternatives?

Ta

4. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Just note that it won't unbrick a wii if the SM was uninstalled, or if the IOS used by the SM is corrupt/stubbed/uninstalled.

I can't say if priiloader will work on 4.2K, (USA doesn't see K wiis on a regular basis) but I don't see why not.

There are other things you can do for brick protection if priiloader is not compatible.

5. Franki
    OP

Franki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thailand

As far as I am aware I haven't messed with the SM, just followed the completesoftmodguide.
    What are the other things I can do for brick protection?

6. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Priiloader works on 4.2K, totally safe (make sure u get the right hacks.ini for your region, or just get the one from HERE).

listen to what techboy said
    Note, that if u do any of the above, your wii will brick if you don't have bootmii as boot2

also note, that if u ever reinstall the system menu itself, it will uninstall priiloader, u should reinstall it again to take advantage of its brick protection (so installing system menus is safe, but often people forget to reinstall priiloader after installing a system menu, then they dangerously try something else without realizing they have lost priiloader's brick protection)

7. Franki
    OP

Franki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thailand
    Thanks XFlak, that's a good link.
    If I don't want some of the hacks in hacks.ini, such as replacing health screen, can I just delete it from the file?

8. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    don't modify the hacks.ini file at all. U will have the option once in priiloader to select which hacks to enable.

9. Franki
    OP

Franki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2010
    Thailand
    Hey Guys thanks for holding my hand on this. Priiloader now installed and configured to block system and disc updates and region free everything.

I noticed that one of the options was to install using IOS249. Although I didn't select that option can you tell me what that was about?

10. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    just another way to install it, if u didn't have a patched IOS36, then u could've use IOS249 to install (assuming it was already installed)

11. lulwut

lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    so it works on a korean system menu? (sounds normal but now its finally confirmed)
    never tried a jp system menu + priiloader myself but im guessing that should work as well

12. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    priiloader can be installed on all SM's 3.0-4.2 for ALL regions (although there may not be hacks available for all regions/firmwares)