Priiloader Hacks System Version 54450

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yusuo, Jul 21, 2011.

Jul 21, 2011
  1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I installed homebrew channel and all the relevant hacks on my 4.3e system menu and during the process the guide prompted me to downgrade to a custom version of system menu 4.1, i've put on priiloader but cant find any hacks files that work with it, the system 4.1e hacks don't work nor do any of the 4.0+ hacks work so i'm guessing this is a specific modded version.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, when I go into priiloader it says the System Version is v54450.

2. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what 'guide' and what version of priiloader are you using?

3. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
  4. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    If this works than thanks alot.

If this is the file that is the big hacks.ini file which contains alot of versions, as on the priiloader site, already tried and doesnt work, i guess we;ll find out tomorrow

Posts merged

A guide I got off wiihacks, for version 4.3 and priiloader is v0.8

5. JoostinOnline

United States
    It's a modification of the official one. I made it for cases just like this. Btw, Priiloader v0.8 doesn't exist, you probably have v0.7.

6. jskyboo

Member jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Doesn't work I'm afraid. This seems to be a current limitation of Priiloader and it's current mods but it should be possible. kylster and I were talking about it recently in the Wii Mod thread.

7. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    did you add the hacks to priiloader folder in the apps? or place on the root? priiloader v7 looks in the folder, an not on sd root, like previous versions.

8. jskyboo

Member jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yep, worked. So when did it change? I haven't really kept up with it cause I don't use priiloader(love bootmii boot2). So I guess its only a bug in PreFiix cause they are builtin. Thanks for the tip

9. shortz1994

United States
    it just changed with v7.. not sure why, i'm guessing it's because it's more universal, with all sm's now. but glad it worked.

10. JoostinOnline

United States
    Daco Taco said he wanted everything to be like it was in Preloader. I told him moving it was stupid and that it would just cause confusion, but he didn't share my point of view.

11. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Moving the hacks to the priiloader was stupid, I hate it.

12. rem300wm

Member rem300wm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hello to all
    mauifrog i second that !!!
    This new way is a PITA !!
    Because some time it works most of the time it doesn't .Hope this gets changed back in the next revision.

13. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If he moves it back, it would cause more confusion. I for one am for the change, as it allows the root of the sd card to be kept cleaner. Plus, if anyone really wants it changed, they could always compile it themselves with the change.

-Erik

14. JoostinOnline

United States
    It forces you to have a folder name "Priiloader" in apps. I name all my folders by the version they are when it comes to installers, so obviously that is a problem. You can delete the hacks file because it is copied to the NAND, so there isn't an issue with keeping the root clean. Returning something to the way it's always been (fixing a really stupid mistake) is going to prevent future confusion. People are still expecting things to be logical when they install new versions of Priiloader, so v0.8 won't cause more confusion in the long run.

15. shortz1994

United States
    how is it keeping the root cleaner?. your still going to have all the other files on the root. he should have priiloader look in both places, on the root an in the folder. ( elimination of any an all confusion)

16. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    For those of us who keep guides updated, it is one less file that is in the root directory. In the end, it is daco's program, so it is his decision [​IMG]

-Erik

17. JoostinOnline

United States
    Sure it's his decision. If it was anybody elses, the file would be in the root.

I've written a few guides (all of which I keep updated), and I hardly see why a file in the root is going to make a difference, especially when it can be deleted as soon as the guide is done.

18. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    aside from maybe a boot.elf(Hackmii) i dont see any other files that go in the root of the SD

19. JoostinOnline

United States
    And just like the hacks file, you don't need to keep boot.elf if you don't want to. The SD won't be cluttered if a guide instructs you to remove unnecessary files (mine always say format) at the end.

20. shortz1994

United States
    why keep guides on an sd card? i have mine on the desktop in a folder named guides. still don't see a point,about keeping the root uncluttered. an your right it's his app he will do what he wants. i was just saying it would be easier. an less confusing to the ones who just start "hacking", or the older ones who,like things the way they are an just want to add a new version.