Prey 2 Is NOT Cancelled

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Apr 19, 2012.

Apr 19, 2012

Prey 2 Is NOT Cancelled by Gahars at 8:53 PM (650 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Prey 2, a loose sequel to an oft-delayed title centering around a Native American man's battle with aliens, has been in the works for some time. However, the development team recently became very quiet on the project, and many people assumed that the title was doomed to cancellation.

Luckily, that is not the case. Bethesda just released a statement, saying...

Source: Gamedemption

It's never really good news to hear that a game's not meeting quality standards, but hey, better than nothing. Besides, to quote Shigeru Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

I've never played the first Prey, but the new premise for this one (you play as an intergalactic bounty hunter with a variety of weapons and gadgets at your disposal to catch your bounties) sounds pretty interesting. I just prey the final product is worth the wait.

2. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Glad to hear this project isn't dead though. It seemed an interesting twist.

3. Gahars
    OP

United States
    There is a difference, of course, between a delayed game and one that has languished in the deepest bowels of development hell.

1 person likes this.
  4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Duke Nukem Forever wasn't bad. It just wasn't good and it definitelly wasn't worth the wait. The game was in development for way too long and it showed - certain concepts used in-game may have been appealing 10 years ago but today they just lost their appeal. It could've been worse to be honest.

5. Gahars
    OP

United States
    I'd go so far to say it was bad. Sure, it's miraculous that the game was released after so long, but sometimes it's better never than late.

6. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    A game is only truthfuly bad if you can't possibly think of any games that could be worse due to complete depression which strucks you the moment you boot the game... but yeah, it's pretty subjective. :P

7. Gahars
    OP

United States
    I don't quite agree that for something to be bad, there can't be anything worse (I'd say there are degrees of badness), but of course it all comes down to opinion.

8. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Perhaps I worded it crudely, what I meant to say was that when something is truthfuly bad with no redeeming factors then you know it right off the bat - you feel that it's horrible, you don't even attempt to compare it to anything, you just... turn it off and weep.

There might be "worse" things out there but you don't think about them, you're just overwhelmed by "the bad" too much. :P

1 person likes this.
  9. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    My coat is NOT! blue

10. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy