Previous .sav files not recognised (RPG and 1.7.1)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kineticUk, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kineticUk
    OP

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Apologies for the post but I'm tired of this, my patience has now reached breaking point.

1.7 came out and was quite useless on the RPG cause DMA seemed off. I've been waiting and was happy to hear about a new version of akaio which supported the rpg had some fixes and improvements, sounds nice. Great.
    Now I had been told to use WoodRPG previously when I reported problems with 1.7 on the rpg. So in the meantime I did, it did what it said and I was`able to play DIY. No messing, no reformat. Just changed extension of my .sav to .nds.sav and it recognised them and I played the games while waiting on the new akaio.

Now I switch back to akaio 1.7.1.
    None of my saves are being recognised! Just changed .nds.sav back to .sav but akaio doesn't see any of them. It doesnt see .nds.sav if I set it to use that.
    There is a new save system (Direct to SD) but I know v. little about the changes?
    So I dont need to use savelistex.bin i guess. I have not changed anything but the extension. I thought they were RAW and this would work but no. I have tried both .SAV and .sav and .nds.sav. One game created a .sav and didnt touch the .sav already on my card. Are my previous saves that are less than 512k no good?

About to give up on this but if anyone has help/advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Seems this hasnt happened to anyone else? Or there are v. few people using akaio on the rpg I guess.
    Well just to add a little more info on this issue which is sucking big time.
    I have messed about but I have not been able to get akaio to recognise my previous save files. I have tried changing the extensions and the case.
    Now I have gone back to WoodRPG and it recognises my old saves without a problem. This and the fact that there was never a problem in the past has me believing this is a bug with akaio 171.

Any chance this can be fixed, I assume this is an RPG/akaio bug but would still like to hear if anyone else has migrated their saves from previous versions ok and are using an RPG (not ak2/ak2i).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

3. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    It looks like I 've got the same problem. I will try to investigate further but I'm busy these next days.

I just try Akaio1.7.1 lately after I tested Lego batman and IT... both give me just a black screen on Wood and Akaoi. Both are working just fine with my CycloDs. Others games are running fine too.

For the saves I try only two of them and both failed.

4. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks a lot GHOST, just let me know what you found when you get some time. I guess we are about the only 2 rpg users left on this forum.
    An rpg user is needed to test these releases before release in future and I would have been happy to help the team btw. I honestly think the developers are now wasting their time on akaio rpg. I mean whats the point of the extra work if bugs as big as this are missed. Two big releases both have been useless on the rpg thanks to big issues that have slipped through the net. Obviously there are no decent rpg beta testers. They may as well just concentrate time on the beloved ak2i's.

I appreciate what normmatt and the team have done. They have tried hard obviously to keep everyone (rpg users and ak2i users) happy but this is pointless imo.

Anyway look forward to hearing from you GHOST or others with rpgs. Then I might get this properly reported for what its worth.

Thanks

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the rpg uses dma by default, it always has, with no way to turn it off. as for saves, the new revision of akaio has a direct to sd saving routine. as far as i know, the save cache is no longer used. so exact save sizes are no longer written. if you were in the middle of the above process and then used the updated akaio to write a save you might have experienced an issue. also if you did not save the savelistex.bin file your previous saves, currently written to this file, would have been overwritten the first time you ran the new akaio on your rpg. if you were using woodrpg then akaio has no idea that your saves are real saves. this is the way the rpg works, with the cache. try taking the savelistex.bin file out of woodrpg (if it still produces it, as wood also does direct-to-sd writing now.).

did you debug with 1 rom? put on 1 rom, see if you can save/load? also if you want something fixed debug fully and then report your findings on the akaio forum. your post will remain until akaio is updated, during the time it is there many rpg users will attempt to repeat your problem and we will discuss any results in #acekard.

-another world

6. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Look I have and always do debug fully... and wtf do you think this topic was written for? I'll tell you, it was to see if anyone else had noticed the same thing cause some of us are human, we might accidentally on occasion make mistakes Miss perfect.

Of course I checked more than one game. I checked a load that I have saves for. Then when I couldn't get akaio to see them, I went and checked woodRPG (and oh I have not been using the direct to SD option, I know what I am fucking reporting. WoodRPG for some strange reason has an option to turn DMA on or off? I'm not a psychic so I have to put 2 and 2 together as a user. So the RPG always uses DMA doesn't it clever cloggs, well how was I to know from that then?).

I had the savelistex.bin file on there so don't assume everyone else is stupid cause you are a coder. You are ignorant blatently, think your so clever don't you?

Stick your elitist attitude somewhere else and get out of my topic if you have nothing constructive to add. I am entitled to report what I assume is a problem here cause its a fucking forum for acekard, but dont worry I won't anymore. My points are valid even if they hurt your feelings, but no you had to take it way too personally. Like a little baby.

If you had something useful to say and had bothered to read my posts properly then you would know I wasn't bitching.... I was reporting my findings and looking for more info from other users here. So read the fucker again and stfu in future. Who do you think you are? If I got confirmation then I would have filed a bug report but I did not so therefore according to the strict rules of the akaio bug forum no report has yet been written. This was me checking it was indeed a problem, that it wasn't user error and trying to comply with the rules.

GHOST if you do read this ignore the bitching above and let me know, for their information more than mine. I do not like the attitude here at all, I disilike the "we hate noobs" bullshit cause I am not 5 years old. I dunno imo some of you need to grow up (just a little bit) and stop being such little bitches. You'll be glad to know you have put me off, I want nothing more to do with your scene.

I couldn't code myself out of a paper bag but what I do, I always try to do well.. that includes beta testing music software, engineering sounds and shi* you lot have no idea about. I tried to help here too. And wasted a lot of my time in the process. As said the attitude doesn't wash with me. So stick it.

Another world that reply/attitude of yours has really pissed me off.

So long.

7. Another World

Colombia
    grow up, jesus. i have the rpg and akaio 1.7.1 works without issue. same goes for a few others in #acekard who have not had a problem. the next beta has more rpg fixes as well, and we will beta test that as well.

i have to assume you didn't do all of the things i mentioned because you didn't say you did, how is one to know?

-another world

8. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thougth that look like a f..king noobitch child. Yeah, you not look like 5 years old, you have no brain at all. If you scan though many past topics, you would see that most problems caused by user's error. Someone here tireless help for free but always have morons bitch on their own similar problems. It's boring as hell.

9. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    You grow up and don't try to turn it around on me. If you did then instead of having a sly dig at me you could have just helped, there was no point in your first reply whatsoever. I didnt bump my topic up did I? No cause I was not being a d*** about it, I heard nothing so I left it. As it stands I cant use this update because of this, and I couldnt use the previous because of something else. Well I'm grown up enough to know that thats my problem, I cannot use akaio its a shame but its not the end of the world. I'm over it, I have tried to cooperate follow the rules and only post when I think I have found a genuine problem... for info. I know now that it takes a lot to be accepted and trusted around here and tbh I don't give a monkeys anymore.
    I posted asking for some help and to see if anyone else noticed the same thing, you replied with your condescending attitude. If you had just said it worked for you in the first place then there would not have been a problem. You assumed I was just stupid ("n00b"), didn't know what savelistex.bin file was, assumed I was in the middle of saving and updating at the same time, you assumed I would test one game only then cry and winge. For your info I know all about the cache, know about processing the old save list, and know all about how to put an update on my rpg.
    I have re-read my posts and the info is all there so don't try to say I didn't provide enough. I posted a perfectly acceptable question within the rules, and its not the akaio forum. This wasn't a proper report and was never meant to be, do you get it yet? Your standards are obviously way above us commoners, not good enough for you... forget about it. Get off your high horse and come back down to earth sometime, then you might be better able to hear me properly. You were the d***, its you who should grow up and thats all there is to it.

10. Another World

Colombia
    whatever you want to think, kid. its a real shame you made assumptions by attempting to pick emotion out of text. you should just read the words as they are typed to avoid confusion in the future. that is what i did and your original words left out most of the important debugging information. one has to assume you didn't do everything you could have and that you don't know what you are doing, because you never said you did.

its really funny how you got moderated and then "This post has been edited by kineticUK: Yesterday, 11:21 AM."

when you can talk like a human i'd be happy to try to help you. until then, burn in hell.

-another world

11. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Peace guys we all knew about savelistex.bin. I still lost some old saves but who cares... It started with new saves files... thanks anyway Keep Cool Bro' ;-)