Preventing Hard Drive Failure

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by scimitars, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010
  1. scimitars
    OP

Newcomer scimitars Newbie

Aruba
    I would like to know how I can go about making sure my wbfs partition does not get screwed up as a result of loading a game like GH5.This happened to me with 300 plus games on it,and it has been two weeks of catching up and im only about two thirds back to normal.I seem to have read a lot about usb loader gx being the culprit.Is this the only loader that uses libwii and is this the posssible culprit?my issue happened when i tried to load GH5 with usbloader gx and cios 223 as the ios.It Went black screen like normal and boom nothing would read it after.I tried hex editor and various other methods to no avail.I DO NOT want to go through this again.so any ways? ty for your help.

2. WiiHoney

Member WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

United States
    format your drive with FAT32, install Hermes v4 cIOS 222 and use cfg loader

and use WiiBackupManger 0.3.4r4 to copy games to drive.

Working perfect for me so far with no worries about not being able to read the partition.

Also i am using my 250gb pc drive for backups...hope this helps

3. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    WiiHoney is right, forget GX and move to a FAT32 Configurable USB Loader combo. Much more reliable in my opinion.

I used to use GX, but found it was becoming too buggy due to all the extra (un-needed) features they kept adding, switched to CFG and never had a problem.

4. hunnymonster

Member hunnymonster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Follow the 3 rules of backups

1. Make a backup.
    2. Make a backup.
    3. Make a backup.

Hard drives dies, hard drives get corrupted - you'd have to be unlucky for that to happen to the live copy and the backup simultaneously.

5. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    you can also use NTFS if you'd like I have a FAT32 partition taht is about 75 GBs and the rest is NTFS. I kind of wish I just used FAT32 but I was worried about the file size limitation. If I could do it easily I would just convert to FAT32. But I am still happy where I am at. Very reliable and loads with all the latest cIOS.