Preparing a GC iso for Dios Mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wyattz, Oct 1, 2012.

1. wyattz
    OP

wyattz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2012
    United States
    I'm having trouble getting my gamecube isos correctly prepared for playing off USB. I'm not sure which programs to use in what order. I would like to know exactly how to get a compressed and converted iso. I realize compression can make some games incompatable, that's a separate issue I can look up on the game compatibility list.

The programs I have are DIscEx, GameCubeISOcompress, and GCMUtility.

Sometimes when I drag an iso onto DiscEx it doesn't give me any output, it won't create a new folder with the converted iso. The black DOS box command prompt thing (sorry don't know term) still runs like a successful attempt, but I get no end result. Also I don't even know if DiscEx performs any compressions.

The other two programs seem to work but when I get the games on the usb, they often don't boot.

2. 3bbb7

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    I had this exact issue
    use this instead
    http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/gcit.html

Choose the ISO or Gcm file then press export then choose either format and then once its done you will get a folder in the same directory as the iso you chose, drag that onto USB:/games and launch it :)

if it still doesnt work i'm not sure.

1 person likes this.
  3. wyattz
    OP

wyattz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2012
    United States
    3bb7 this is exactly what I needed and it's got em running perfect, thanks.

4. 3bbb7

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    glad i could help :D

wyattz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice