Hacking Question Prepare Switch for CFW/Homebrew

Shadow128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

today I bought an used Switch that can load a CFW (SN - XAJ700106xxxxxx; Firmware v8.1). I have already made a first attempt with RCM and injecting hakete.bin and it starts in this mode :-)
But before I do all the steps, like backup the NAND and loading cfw, I have a question.

The switch was not reseted by the previous owner and I have seen that it is only possible to reset the switch while internet connection is active.
But is the firmware updated automatically during the reset? Or can I do it without problems?

Or does it make sense to backup the NAND before resetting?

Thanks for the short help :-)

Last edited by Shadow128,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

today I bought an used Switch that can load a CFW (SN - XAJ700106xxxxxx; Firmware v8.1). I have already made a first attempt with RCM and injecting hakete.bin and it starts in this mode :-)
But before I do all the steps, like backup the NAND and loading cfw, I have a question.

The switch was not reseted by the previous owner and I have seen that it is only possible to reset the switch while internet connection is active.
But is the firmware updated automatically during the reset? Or can I do it without problems?

Or does it make sense to backup the NAND before resetting?

Thanks for the short help :-)
Just dump the NAND and don't worry about resetting the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk