Preloader: Some Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by User423, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009

Preloader: Some Questions by User423 at 6:42 PM (609 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. User423
    OP

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I Have some Questions about Preloader 0.29 for 4.0:

1: What will be, when Preloader 0.30 release? Will it overwrite the old one?

2: What mean that Hacks?
    Code:
    [Disc auto start when right pressed]
    version=418
    offset=0x8137A818
    value=0x2C000002
    [Disc autostart]
    version=418
    offset=0x8137A800
    value=0x48000020
    3: Will Preloader makes Bricks with BootMii, when its released? (Because there is no Preloader Remover)

4: When I have a new Hacks.ini, will it automatic overwrite the old one in the Nand? Or will it only add the new Codes?

5: It is safe to patch IOS60 first with the IOS60-Patcher and then with Preloader?

greets, boy2048

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    1: It will probably have some uninstall routine for 0.29 and below. Or a guide or whatever...

2: If I'm right, they will allow you to use discs as recovery dvds.

3: Nobody knows until BootMii is released

4: Overwrite. But I dunno what happens to activated hacks...

5: I had no problems running the IOS60-Patcher before installing Preloader 0.29

3. drmarvin

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Answers, as I know them

1. Preloader 0.30 is already in dev, but we don't know a release date. If it is like previous versions, you can just run the .dol from HBC of the new one and it will install over the old one.

2. Those hacks apparently allow for direct booting to the disc without starting the system menu, but I can't get them to work either.

3. Very little is known about how BootMii will work, but hearing about preloader 0.30, they may be very similar. I assume something will be done to allow for BootMii installation with preloader already installed, but know knows

4. If you have a new hacks.ini, you have to place it in the root of the SD card, then run the preloader installer again. The new file will be copied onto the NAND, and then when you load preloader with the reset button, the latest hacks.ini will be loaded.

5. I believe that you *have* to install IOS60 first, but I could be wrong. It is certainly safe. It's what I did and I have had no problems.

Hope those answers help.

4. User423
    OP

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Another Question: Is the Hacks.ini so right?

Code:
    [Skip disc update check]
    version=418
    offset=0x8137EDFC,0x8137EE00
    value=0x60000000,0x60000000

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Just wanted to say that drmarvin is right on #5. Install the patched IOS60 first, then preloader.

You'll get a system files are corrupt error if you install the IOS60 after preloader.

If you do make the mistake and install the IOS after preloader, use preloader to run HBC, then reinstall preloader from there.