preloader region free problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by liteon6x, Feb 2, 2009.

Feb 2, 2009

preloader region free problem by liteon6x at 9:42 PM (2,242 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    hey guys i just installed softmii 1.0 and enable region free wii games in preloader but i cant load super smash bros pal on my ntsc wii in the disc channel i get unable to read disc

2. zeldafn333

Member zeldafn333 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What region is smash?

3. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    Smash is pal DVD 5

4. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    Make sure that the region free hacks are off. They really aren't needed as they are taken care of when you run ARC

5. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    i didnt change any option in arc its all set to usa
    i keep getting unable to read disc with ntsc/j and pal games only ntsc works
    if i use gamma loader all games work but at the disc channel only ntsc games show up

has anyone gotten pal or ntsc/j to work on a ntsc wii with softmii/preloader 2.7

6. AsosaYoung

Member AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not in ARC in Preloader.
    Turn Wii off, hold the reset button, push the power on keep holding reset.
    Now your in Preloader main menu, go settings/systemhacks what do you see. There should be a list of hack from the Hack .ini on your SD root. Disable "Force Disc Region" enable all the others, then save. B button twice to preloader main menu.
    Exit to systemmenu, power down your Wii. Then power on see if the disc loads now.

7. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    i had installed starfall and enable region free there i will virginize my wii and then try again

8. D-Jay

Member D-Jay GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You don't have to! Just disable the force-options in Preloader like everybody here said...

9. Heykrop

Newcomer Heykrop Member

I had the same problem with playing PAL titles on my NTSC system when I first moved from Gamma 0.3 to Softmii..

1. It is NOT the hacks.ini option for FORCE DISC REGION. If everything with the softmii install was done right it is not needed.

2. The problem was that I followed the tutorial too closely based on the instructions that if you have Starfall etc then you can skip to Section 3.
    You need to start at Section 2 and follow it till then end. It is in section 2 that ARC (Any Region Changer) is run and patches are applied to the system that enable the region free functions.

3. Once I did this I had my hacks.ini loaded with all the Region 289 NTSC hacks and had Force Disc Region set to enabled I had another issue where starting a disc from my own region would boot to a black screen. (did not matter if it was an original or a backup) I went back in and disabled Force Disc Region and then everything including PAL discs was working perfectly.

Good luck

10. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    right, you need the ARC mod05 because its "region free" is improved over any other persons work so far in that area.

11. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    thanks mate that did the trick i skipped phase 2 because i was already on 3.2 via cios downgrader

12. F0ur2o

Member F0ur2o GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Tried same steps.....2 or 3 times just to be sure. Starting from Phase 2 as suggested.

NTSC -U Wii NTSC games run from Disc Channel

Fifa 09 PAL Still only loads through Gamma Nothing in Disc Channel

ExciteTruck PAL Still only loads through Gamma Nothing in Disc Channel

Any Advice? It doesn't bother me to load them through Gamma just thought I should post my results.

I did have Starfall installed but assumed that running ARC would have removed it.

13. liteon6x
    OP

Newcomer liteon6x Member

Jamaica
    make sure you run cioscorps after you run the arc m5 and dont use any of the preloader region free hacks

14. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have Starfall, preloader and ARC. All have region free and preloader has force game reigon. Super Paper Mario PAL works for me.

15. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    If you used arc then no you don't have starfall. ARC Removes its hacks, and if you used the 1.5mod version it institutes its own. and preloader negates the need for starfall even if you didnt use arc, as it has all the starfall hacks and then some. the only way you would still have starfall is if you installed it after arc and before preloader, in which case you may experience problems from duplicate hacks being attempted.

16. Linkweskerleon77

Newcomer Linkweskerleon77 Advanced Member

United States
    or u could just patch the game to ntsc