Hacking Preloader Hacks.ini for 4.2U

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fixed hacks.ini works fine but if I use IOS60 I get a blank screen (even with all codes disabled), and if I use IOS70 I get the "System files are corrupt" message.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly preloader 2.9 will work just fine just find a different tool to patch IOS 70 with the ES_DIVerif patch and you can use IOS 70 with preloader. Honestly though I would just stay on 4.1

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Honestly preloader 2.9 will work just fine just find a different tool to patch IOS 70 with the ES_DIVerif patch and you can use IOS 70 with preloader. Honestly though I would just stay on 4.1

Can you recommend a different tool? Because DOP-IOS evidently doesn't work as I tried patching IOS70 with it and I still get the system files corrupt message.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Hells Guardian said:

Can you recommend a different tool? Because DOP-IOS evidently doesn't work as I tried patching IOS70 with it and I still get the system files corrupt message.
DOP-IOS can only patch ES_ functions into IOS36. That's why it didnt work.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SifJar said:
beegee7730 said:
Would it be possible for you to port something like the "Block HAXX, DVDx, etc" to 4.1, so we can use the Twilight Hack?

yes, it would, although the uses of twilight hack are limited when you alredy have homebrew.
Well I have a friend who has her real Zelda save in the same file as the twilight hack, which means once the twilight hack gets deleted her Zelda save data gets deleted, too. So this hack would be great for her, but I really don't want her to update to 4.2 since that has too many negative effects that aren't even all discovered yet.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Hells Guardian said:

Yes, but I asked what to use to patch it. A search only brings up info on the now extinct preloader .30.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not very good with this stuff, but i found a porting tutorial of you want to try, if you succed let me know
smile.gif

http://sifjarsblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/0...ader-hacks-ini/

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
SifJar said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Hells Guardian said:

Yes, but I asked what to use to patch it. A search only brings up info on the now extinct preloader .30.
i think waninikoko's 4.2 updater patches ios70 with ES_ functions since preloader works fine for me and that's what i updated with.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still a no go getting preloader to work. Can get to the menu and all, but it won't load to the SM regardless of using IOS60 or 70.

I tried from 4.1U updating straight from the big N and also from 4.1U using Wanins updater. Both give me the same results when trying to get to the 4.2 SM from preloader.

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In preloader, use ios 249 or 70, not 60. It will code dump or go blank screen if you enable the wrong hacks (detailed below, fix that hacks.ini at source please). I'm glad to have preloader, because bootmii won't work in boot2 for me. If I do brick, I can make *HBC or GX be the Installed File in preloader, and load bootmii that way. This is a good workaround until HBC access is fixed directly.

I tested each hacks.ini entry individually, and here are the ones to avoid:
- "Remove NoCopy Save File Protection" Code Dump. Do not enable this one. It is enabled by default.
- "No System Menu Sounds at all" No, channels still play their music and then it doesn't cut off if you abort loading them. It bugs out. This is the same behavior as in previous versions. This should be removed from the hacks.ini.
- "Blankscreen at Wii System Menu Startup!" This does exactly as described. When you open the system menu, it is a blank screen and locked there. Why is this in the hacks.ini? Do not enable this. I thought it was meant to replace the health logo with a blank screen, but really it locks the system.
- Setting as IOS 60 will result in a blank screen and locked.

* Someone chime in with a link to a forwarder dol/elf that will call up Homebrew Channel 1.05 automatically. I can't find HBC 1.05 as a dol or elf, because it's bundled in the hackmii installer. That will address the last issue we have with preloader 0.29.

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry everyone. The hacks.ini I uploaded was corrupted. It's fixed now.

zippy said:
In preloader, use ios 249 or 70, not 60. It will code dump or go blank screen if you enable the wrong hacks (detailed below, fix that hacks.ini at source please). I'm glad to have preloader, because bootmii won't work in boot2 for me. If I do brick, I can make *HBC or GX be the Installed File in preloader, and load bootmii that way. This is a good workaround until HBC access is fixed directly.

I tested each hacks.ini entry individually, and here are the ones to avoid:
- "Remove NoCopy Save File Protection" Code Dump. Do not enable this one. It is enabled by default.
- "No System Menu Sounds at all" No, channels still play their music and then it doesn't cut off if you abort loading them. It bugs out. This is the same behavior as in previous versions. This should be removed from the hacks.ini.
- "Blankscreen at Wii System Menu Startup!" This does exactly as described. When you open the system menu, it is a blank screen and locked there. Why is this in the hacks.ini? Do not enable this. I thought it was meant to replace the health logo with a blank screen, but really it locks the system.
- Setting as IOS 60 will result in a blank screen and locked.

* Someone chime in with a link to a forwarder dol/elf that will call up Homebrew Channel 1.05 automatically. I can't find HBC 1.05 as a dol or elf, because it's bundled in the hackmii installer. That will address the last issue we have with preloader 0.29.
Thanks for the info.

First off, try the No-Copy code now. It was a problem in the .ini

If you're wondering why I made such obscure codes.... it's 'cause I didn't make them... I just ported them
tongue.gif
. Blankscreen at Wii System Menu Startup!, according to Wiibrew, is "Self explanatory, I guess this could be handy to lock your Wii so the kids and family can't break it!" This won't be useful to most of us (including me) but I ported it anyway.

Yes, I know, the No System Sounds at all code still plays sounds from banner files - this is due to the banners not technically being a part of the system menu. Since the banners still play music and the system menu sound commands are deactivated, there will be no mute command, so they'll keep playing until interrupted by another banner. It does make cool background music though
smile.gif

@Non USA People
I was planning on porting the codes to the other regions (4.2E and 4.2J) once I can confirm that these codes work correctly. No reason to rush porting them if they're buggy, as that'd be 3x the work on me to fix. Once these codes are stable, I'll port them.

However, if someone else wants to port them, be my guest
biggrin.gif
. I was just doing it because "no one else was making a move for it." That'll be easier on me.

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider changing "Blankscreen at Wii System Menu Startup!" with something less ambiguous like "Hard Lock System Menu with Blank Screen at Startup" The original sounds like it makes the start up sequence a blank screen without locking up.

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zippy said:
Consider changing "Blankscreen at Wii System Menu Startup!" with something less ambiguous like "Hard Lock System Menu with Blank Screen at Startup" The original sounds like it makes the start up sequence a blank screen without locking up.
Hmm... I didn't think about it that way.... but then again, I didn't originally make the code.

Thanks for the heads up. I changed it to "Lock out System Menu with Blackscreen." That should be more clear
unsure.gif

@Everyone Else
The codes are now considered "stable" and have been posted on Wiibrew. Tomorrow I will begin porting the codes to 4.2E.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
zippy said:
Hmm... I didn't think about it that way.... but then again, I didn't originally make the code.

Thanks for the heads up. I changed it to "Lock out System Menu with Blackscreen." That should be more clear
unsure.gif

@Everyone Else
The codes are now considered "stable" and have been posted on Wiibrew. Tomorrow I will begin porting the codes to 4.2E.
nice! great job keep up the preloader so theyll be ready when preloader runs cleann off 4.2

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader works perfectly if you fix the signing bug properly (it was the same situation for 4.0 with IOS60, but the installer fixes the bug for you). It seems that DOP IOS does not fix the bug properly, hence the rumors that Preloader is incompatable with 4.2.

I used FreetheBug to fix my IOS70, then I installed a System Menu 4.2U wad.

Rumor has it that Waninkoko's updater fixes the bug properly as well.

As an alternate method, you can patch the system menu title.tmd to run off of a different IOS. You can then run it off, say IOS249 for example, and install Preloader then. Preloader should then boot and you can tell Preloader to run the system menu off of IOS70. This would then allow you to run Preloader off of IOS249 and the system menu off of IOS70.

If this rumor of Preloader not working continues, I'll consider writing a tutorial on how to properly set up Preloader on a 4.2 Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu