♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
Preloader works perfectly if you fix the signing bug properly (it was the same situation for 4.0 with IOS60, but the installer fixes the bug for you). It seems that DOP IOS does not fix the bug properly, hence the rumors that Preloader is incompatable with 4.2.

I used FreetheBug to fix my IOS70, then I installed a System Menu 4.2U wad.

Rumor has it that Waninkoko's updater fixes the bug properly as well.

As an alternate method, you can patch the system menu title.tmd to run off of a different IOS. You can then run it off, say IOS249 for example, and install Preloader then. Preloader should then boot and you can tell Preloader to run the system menu off of IOS70. This would then allow you to run Preloader off of IOS249 and the system menu off of IOS70.

If this rumor of Preloader not working continues, I'll consider writing a tutorial on how to properly set up Preloader on a 4.2 Wii.
can confirm freethebug method works fine.
and many of these preloader hacks

thanks again!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Yes, but I asked what to use to patch it. A search only brings up info on the now extinct preloader .30.
search the forum for "offsets"

Basically you download SM4.2 with NUS, unpack it with wwpacker, hex edit 4 bytes to "FF FF FF FF" then repack. Very simple really. The thread even points you to a free hex editor and tells you the offsets for every region.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
infinete said:
HackerOfWii said:
Can't access it for some reason.....

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?8,25661,25661
try that one then
tongue.gif

There is a better version on this site, with screenshots making it easier to follow. Here's a link (this is the same version as on my blog) :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2130822

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
urherenow said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Yes, but I asked what to use to patch it. A search only brings up info on the now extinct preloader .30.
search the forum for "offsets"

Basically you download SM4.2 with NUS, unpack it with wwpacker, hex edit 4 bytes to "FF FF FF FF" then repack. Very simple really. The thread even points you to a free hex editor and tells you the offsets for every region.
That is completely different to what he wants. He wants a tool to patch ES_Identify into IOS70, not a guide to patch the HAXX and DVDX checks out of the System Menu.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariomaniac33 said:
Preloader works perfectly if you fix the signing bug properly (it was the same situation for 4.0 with IOS60, but the installer fixes the bug for you). It seems that DOP IOS does not fix the bug properly, hence the rumors that Preloader is incompatable with 4.2.

I used FreetheBug to fix my IOS70, then I installed a System Menu 4.2U wad.

Rumor has it that Waninkoko's updater fixes the bug properly as well.

As an alternate method, you can patch the system menu title.tmd to run off of a different IOS. You can then run it off, say IOS249 for example, and install Preloader then. Preloader should then boot and you can tell Preloader to run the system menu off of IOS70. This would then allow you to run Preloader off of IOS249 and the system menu off of IOS70.

If this rumor of Preloader not working continues, I'll consider writing a tutorial on how to properly set up Preloader on a 4.2 Wii.

Wanins updater did nothing for me as previously stated, and when I download IOS70 with NUSD then patch with FreeTheBug it says 0 changes.

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bootmii_Booter

Just hit the wiibrew feed. Worthy note to this thread, as it is dol/elf that can be used as an Installed File to go straight into BootMii.

I'm not surprised to see a complaint about the blankscreen hack, likely because he had the previous description before the more descriptive name.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
zippy said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bootmii_Booter

Just hit the wiibrew feed. Worthy note to this thread, as it is dol/elf that can be used as an Installed File to go straight into BootMii.

I'm not surprised to see a complaint about the blankscreen hack, likely because he had the previous description before the more descriptive name.
lolmyapp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi