Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jd506 said:
The new boot.dol IS preloader.
Preloader renames your 00000001/00000002/0000004*.app,
it replaces a 0 with a 1.

There's no available software or current way to remove the renamed system menu created by Preloader.

This accomplishes the same thing as reinstalling your system-menu.wad.
It looks like it doesn't touch the renamed system menu.

Not a big development, does this really deserve its own thread? Crediar, this is what you've been working on?
What about removing the currently permanent change that Preloader incurs on your Wii?

BootMii will unlock the full potential of your Wii. Whereas Preloader is mediocre software with minimal brick protection that cannot be fully uninstalled.
you completely missed the point of the video. the new version of preloader doesn't rename the systemmenu, it alters boot2 to load preloader instead of systemmenu. just for your interest:
QUOTE(digitydogs @ Apr 5 2009, 10:04 PM) Not in .3 it doesn't. Crediar has altered boot2 to load preloader instead of the system menu, from its own custom title location, it is no longer stored in 001-002 its in a different location. the system menu is untouched, and remains in its default location and naming. only a replacement of boot2 and a update designed to kill the new specific location would wipe preloader entirely.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice work, but I hope there will be a prevention for bricking your Wii when you're trying to remove the Preloader part since boot2 is pointing to it. Maybe it's something like if Preloader isn't there load the system menu.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why are all people so desperated for an uninstaller?
For the current preloader version reinstalling the system menu is the easiest and most simple one, why do people worry so much about one 3mB file that's left behind?
Uninstalling and reinstalling things just messes up things and most manage to brick their Wiis with that, how often have I seen people trying to 'reset' their Wiis and end up in uninstalling an important file/title and ... brick!
Many seem to say preloader takes too much time to boot, 2s longer ? I don't know ... I don't boot my Wii often engough that I'd care about 2s.
People should _think_ about what they are doing (I know they don't) they heavily modify their system and don't think about any consequences it could have.
What preloader does is explained on wiibrew and in the .nfo that comes with preloader, but no people just skip all reading and warnings ...

phertiker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right on, SanGor. I never noticed any increase in boot times, in fact with the "replace health warning" thing it boots as fast as a reboot when leaving a game, etc. Without that hack enabled it sucks, of course, since you have to see the stupid "Press A to agree to not sue us if your arms fall off" thing, but even that wasn't terrible. If the wife doesn't say anything about it, it must be okay!

Not all mileage is created equal, of course (wooo metaphor mixing).

i love preloader so much it hurts sometimes.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pippin666 said:
Screemer said:
i am looking forward for the first guys flaming in team twiizers direction and that they can keep there bootmii stuff for them selves.
You don't know what you are talking about.
ever heard about ironie? doesn't seem so. i just love when people get ss completely wrong and start to insult others. that's why i had a great laugh about your post.

fhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SanGor said:
For the current preloader version reinstalling the system menu is the easiest and most simple one, why do people worry so much about one 3mB file that's left behind?
Please explain me how I can reinstall my system menu back instead of preloader? I have preloader 0.28 and I don't want system menu 4.0, I want to stay on 3.2 (E)
This is the kind of thing that makes me regret the lack of a proper unsinstaller. If I do an official update, It will replace correctly the preloader, but give me an unwanted 4.0. If I use some homebrew system menu installer, I don't know which one to use, I want it to be the safest. I don't even know how many tools of these kind there are
unsure.gif

So I stay with preloader+3.2E, but what should I do if I want to access the last version of Wii Shop Channel now? should I remove preloader?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fhy said:
SanGor said:
Please explain me how I can reinstall my system menu back instead of preloader? I have preloader 0.28 and I don't want system menu 4.0, I want to stay on 3.2 (E)
This is the kind of thing that makes me regret the lack of a proper unsinstaller. If I do an official update, It will replace correctly the preloader, but give me an unwanted 4.0. If I use some homebrew system menu installer, I don't know which one to use, I want it to be the safest. I don't even know how many tools of these kind there are
unsure.gif

So I stay with preloader+3.2E, but what should I do if I want to access the last version of Wii Shop Channel now? should I remove preloader?

two simple steps
1. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader download the 3.2E system menu with that
2. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WadImport use this to install the created wad file

done

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to remove any "installed" DOL files from Preloader 0.29?
Also, what steps would I need to ensure that Hacks.ini would be removed?
I plan on keeping Preloader, but I would love to know the answer for future references.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
Is there any way to remove any "installed" DOL files from Preloader 0.29?
Also, what steps would I need to ensure that Hacks.ini would be removed?
I plan on keeping Preloader, but I would love to know the answer for future references.

There's something called "hack remover" that is supposed to do that.
You can find it in the "SoftMii" package.

I couldn't get it to work for some reason, though

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I didn't check the date and this thread had me going for 14 posts until I read "wait for bootmii"

I feel that I would have realized much sooner if it didn't say 0.30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...