Hacking Preloader 0.29!

bimicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Djang said:
I runned IOS downgrader 1.0. after that installed preloader and after that installed cIOS36 rev9.
I'm not sure if it was needed to reinstall cIOS36 rev9. everything seemed to run fine but I did to be ensure, I didn't got any errors anyway.

So to be sure, yes the advised method is save on PAL consoles.
thank you!!I will do i ttomorrow in the morning!!
grog.gif

sznaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got preloader installed, I have a sdhc card and preloader cannot find the hacks.ini even though it is in the root of my sd card, checked 5 times.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I'm thinking of updating to 4.0 but also want to save my self from bricking.

I have never used PreLoader or other anti-bricking utilities and was wondering what the difference between this PreLoader 0.29 and the StartPatchv4.0? They both prevent N updates, right?

So what's the diff?
smile.gif

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the "return to preloader" option in the settings?

edit : nevermind. figured it out. you want "return to : systemenu"

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sznaps said:
Okay I got preloader installed, I have a sdhc card and preloader cannot find the hacks.ini even though it is in the root of my sd card, checked 5 times.

try an SD card. i believe preloader does not read SDHC

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am also getting the
failed to get root, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed

problem...

You said to run IOS downgrader, but what option should I choose ? It is to downgrade the firmware ???
It was soooo dificult to upgrade to 4.0.... I think that if I try to do it again I will not manage to do...

What should I do ?

----

Update... never mind.. I got to work.. IOS Downloader is another application and on Wininkokos page it is not very clear....
Thanks ?!!!

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lexlth said:
I am also getting the
failed to get root, current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed

problem...

You said to run IOS downgrader, but what option should I choose ? It is to downgrade the firmware ???
It was soooo dificult to upgrade to 4.0.... I think that if I try to do it again I will not manage to do...

What should I do ?

re-read the post carefully and follow it. need to run iosdowngrader (NOT ciosdowngrader). there are no options. just run it and it will do its thing. when its done install preloader.

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay, i have installed preloader 0.29 on my 3.2E wii with succes, but when i turn off my wii, the light is orange
and the disc keeps spinning
wii connect24 isn't enabled, i don't have internet on my wii

what can i do to fix it?

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask something.
I don't know if it is related to preloader or SM4.0, but before I upgrade to 4.0 (I had 3.3U), when my wii was turned off, if I pressed the eject button, the wii turned on, ejected the DVD and turned off again.

Now, if I do it, the wii just turn on. Does not eject and turn off.. just turn on....

Is it preloader that do it ? Is there a fix ?

agentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if the remove_preloader_hacks dol found here is compatible with hacks installed on 4.0E with Preloader 0.29? If not, is there an updated hacks remover yet? Thanks in advance.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
i have the same issue. do you have a chip installed? i do. could that have something to do with it?

Sorry for the late reply. But no I do not have a chip installed. No hardware modifications whatsoever.

But Firmware 4.0 was pissing me off badly, so I just decided to use AnyRegionChanger and go back to the safe warm feeling of 3.2U.

And something weird happened, (this also happened before any of the downgrading), but, after downgrading, I found out half of my downloaded (off the internet), wads of games, were missing. Don't know if somethings screwed up or what. But another time was when I think I was installing MiiWii. Which is currently uninstalled. After installing MiiWii, those same exact games were deleted. It's just weird. Now I got to re-download the wads off torrents and install them.

Meh.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agentm said:
Anyone know if the remove_preloader_hacks dol found here is compatible with hacks installed on 4.0E with Preloader 0.29? If not, is there an updated hacks remover yet? Thanks in advance.

Good Question! Can help somebody?

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does the Settings menu say "System Menu IOS: 30" even though I have System Menu 4.0 installed?

Should I change this to say 60? (Doesn't System Menu 4.0 require IOS60?)

Does it matter?

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some questions ...

(I know that the text was very long, there may be some mistakes in English (I'm using a translator, hehe) and I know that the persons here has any obligation to help me, but I'm really quite tense and would be very grateful if someone help). xD

I have installed Preloader 0.29 here, and this is my case:

- Updated using the updater from the Waninkoko. Until then fine.
- Then I installed the IOS60 modified to run pirate channel on the SD Menu. Until then okay ...
- Then, I run Preloader 0.29 in the Homebrew Channel. Screen that appeared first in April that left me really upset, because I left the console there for a long time, thinking that the homebrew was doing something important and began to think that bricked my Wii in some way.
- Until then all normal, I discovered that the joke was a thing of the homebrew.
- After the April first, my console again be as before. At some point ... I received a message that the memory was corrupted (returned to normal when I restart holding the power), and whenever I access the Wii Settings, it opens normally. But then, when I try to run a channel, the Wii hangs on a black screen and only returns to normal if I turn off and on.
- One more thing: the preloader 0.29 is not open when I try to run it in the Homebrew Channel, it goes into those initial screens and then back to the Wii Menu. i not tryied to run holding the RESET switch when powering or putting the date for the first of April, because as I do not want to give more problems...

The doubts: these effects are normal? What is the safest way to uninstall preloader 0.29 in these conditions (I'm really very insecure)?

Thank's very much, people!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?