• Replies 719
  • Likes 73

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play MGS: Peace Walker with 30fps and right analog aiming cheat, but it keeps crashing at the first loading screen. It gives the "Software was closed because an error occurred" screen. The game works perfectly fine once I disable the cheats, so I'm not sure if these specific cheats are problematic, or if it's an issue with something else. Anyone got a solution?
and before anyone asks, yes I loaded ppsspp with R button.

Rodney22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh so since I didnt make much progress lately just gonna drop it here w/o changelog until i finished yet another rebase (few vertex jit fixes) and the GLES stuff...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532533952603226112/816690367994789940/PPSSPP_GL_1.11.2.7z
No need to report issues on this build, just wanted to give u guys some update
Dont forget to update assets to the bundled ver, doesn't include my default cfg either so make sure u install the normal older release before this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code is on one of the branches on my github..
Thank you! Super appreciate your work. I am glad to see you are still working on this. I will give it a try soon. :-)

Last edited by Rodney22,

blaww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the last version as of today (Mar, 15) and having no problems using 2x resolution + 2x textures (hybrid) even with an underclock on CPU, GPU, and RAM (Switch Lite on Atmosphere, using a forwarder). Didn't change any settings besides the res and texture upscaling, tested this on Persona 3, Tactics Ogre, and Trails in the Sky.

I had trouble before (one year ago, when I last tested) with the then current version, using SX OS on full ram mode, with tactics ogre - it never reached 60fps so audio was crap and game was unplayable due to that (unless you love games with audio off and jitter).

Are you using any upscaled textures in Tactics Ogre? I tried an HD UI texture pack from the PPSSPP forums and while they work, they cause hangs, like the game pauses for up to two seconds while textures load. Also, even without the texture pack there are spots where the game slows to a crawl, like the intro before the title screen.

Updated to 1.11.2 and the game crashes at start now, so I'm probably gonna revert to an older version.

SacaSoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you using any upscaled textures in Tactics Ogre? I tried an HD UI texture pack from the PPSSPP forums and while they work, they cause hangs, like the game pauses for up to two seconds while textures load. Also, even without the texture pack there are spots where the game slows to a crawl, like the intro before the title screen.

Updated to 1.11.2 and the game crashes at start now, so I'm probably gonna revert to an older version.

Not using any texture pack (in fact I didn't know it existed before your comment). As I said, I'm not having any issues that I had with previous versions (mind you, I'm not using the last version of PPSSPP yet, as per my original comment).

ms2048

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

PPSSPP 1.11.2 seems to crash for any game when trying to replace the textures. I might be wrong there but in general Switch seems too underpowered to use these anyway and 1.11.2 is perfect in every other aspect.

Anyway, I've been able to run Tactics Ogre with x2 resolution and x2 xBZR textures just fine (battles look sooo much better this way). The key to performance (apart from overclocking to the max :)) is to disable 'Simulate block transfer effects' - this messes up some backgrounds on character creation screens but it seems to not affect the battles. If you want to fine-tune this further, keep in mind that Tactics Ogre is one of the (very few) games where frame skipping itself introduces glitches so you generally cannot afford to lose a single frame.

I have only tested this on a few first battles, caveat emptor...

I'm attaching .ini file so you can try this (change the extension back to '.ini' and be aware of my weird 'ControlMapping', copy your own there).
As a BONUS :), an .ini file for Jeanne d'Arc with x2 xBZR, too (remember to use correct font assets for this game).
Put .ini files in /switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/PSP/SYSTEM.

Tested on overclocked Switch Mariko, SXOS 3.1.0, CFW 10.2.0, PPSSPP 1.11.2-299-gbcedecd82.

Attachments

• ULUS10565_ppsspp.ini.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 121
  • UCUS98700_ppsspp.ini.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Instandhaltung

Hickem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem with the latest version and patched Digimon Adventure. After a few minutes fps drastically drops to 10 and can't play the game, how can i fix this problem?

cai_miao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
still i want to ask can I render the video buffer only 720P as i only use it in handheld mode in future version, or build one for myself with instructions?

genocidekyuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm playing Dissidia 012 Duodecim Europe right now. The problem is the game always crash after battle (because it synchronize time with calendar system in ppsspp). Does anybody know how to synchronize date and time in ppsspp switch standalone ? My calendar in Dissidia 012 game looked like this : Saturday, Saturday, Sunday, Sunday, and so on. Because of this, my day is doubled, then the game always crash after battle because chocobo day reset plan being confused with the current time. Does anybody know how to fix it ?

I know this, because if i try to play the game via ppsspp in my pc, after battle squence always smooth (no crash) and then icon chocobo day plan working. In other words, ppsspp for Windows 64 playing the game perfectly, but not the switch version.

I have tried nx-ntpc, it does synchronize my switch time perfectly, but in ppsspp, in dissidia 012 game, my day always looked double. Any solution ?

Edited :
oke, sorry, my bad. It seems i fixed it. I use PPSSPP_GL_1.11.2. Now i turn off fast memory and I/O thread. It works past after battle sequence and not crash (yet)

Last edited by genocidekyuubi,

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh so since I didnt make much progress lately just gonna drop it here w/o changelog until i finished yet another rebase (few vertex jit fixes) and the GLES stuff...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532533952603226112/816690367994789940/PPSSPP_GL_1.11.2.7z
No need to report issues on this build, just wanted to give u guys some update
Dont forget to update assets to the bundled ver, doesn't include my default cfg either so make sure u install the normal older release before this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code is on one of the branches on my github..

@Thorhax

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The rendering resolution seems to be stuck at x1 even if change it, is it because it's a test build? :)

It has a lot of fixes though and a lot more convenient than the last release in the OP, excited for the proper release. Thank you! :grog:
I have no problems with changing resolution. Try wiping your configs and do a clean install.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Vi3trice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Texture replacement seems to work on a low level, like UI, as long as you're not pushing it. Some mods I tried, I had to resize them down to 75%.

Full xxh64 hashes also don't seem to play nicely, even when using the same replacement files.

I can't really test models since the only mod I got is on full xxh64, and I don't have the equivalent hashes to test it on quick instead.

P2:IS's mod is on reduced xxh64, and that seems to works fine.

Last edited by Vi3trice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.