PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

1.jpg

PPSSPP/Libretro Switch Public Beta by m4xw
==========================================

After a lot of work, I am very happy to share this with all of you.
Audio & Video support works, many core options cause Issues tho.

It is mandatory to "Close Content" after changing any Core option and restarting RetroArch, else it will potentially crash, don't close the RetroArch menu!

Special thanks to hrydgard for everything he has done for the PPSSPP Project.
If you want to support his work, consider buying PPSSPP Gold https://central.ppsspp.org/buygold even if you don't use it!

I will PR it once the libretro port is finished, also implemented half of what's needed for a Standalone port ;)
Source is on my Github, but it's highly WIP and needs a custom RA and a custom ffmpeg, so you should just wait if you want to build it yourself ;)

Libretro Docs (important informations for this core):
https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/
Official Game Compatibility Tracker (your mileage might vary): https://report.ppsspp.org/games

GitHub (WIP Switch): https://github.com/m4xw/ppsspp/
GitHub (Official): https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

Installation Instructions

Drag & Drop the "retroarch" folder to the root of your SD, overwriting any file (it will not touch any options).
Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.

Notes

If you are using ANY method of loading RetroArch OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
These issues can skew testing and could very well be caused by loading through an unsupported method.

Video slowdowns are related to missing hardware accelerated decoding (nvdec), it's not a libretro/PPSSPP Issue.
FMV cut-scenes will be fine.

Updates

Added JIT and JIT Vertex Decoder Support
- When loading Savestates with JIT, make sure to instantly open the RetroArch Menu again and wait for it to complete loading
- This is a libretro specific bug (not switch port related) and will be fixed later on

-Added Vertex JIT Core option (turning it off fixes some games currently)
-Added Disable slow Framebuffer effects Core option (Speedhack)
-Increased Savestate Chunk size to 4MB (speeds up savestate load, ~2sec)
-Band-Aid for Savestate load + Save (no more opening menu for them to work)
-Renamed "IR JIT" to "IR Interpreter"
-Removed Threaded IO Core option (non-functional)
-Removed Non-Buffered Rendering Core option (non-functional)
-General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Download Link: <Please use the RetroArch Core updater>

Last edited by m4xw,

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, using override method and already OCing the CPU. Guess I can stick to playin it on the vita, but it doesn't make sense if it runs just fine for others and not so much for some.

since it is confirmed working for me, I suggest deleting/disabling unused sys modules, deleting the whole ppsspp folder and re downloading it and it's assets, restarting your switch, running the gl version and try again

casr26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today i´ve installed ppsspp at my switch but i´m having a lot of problems trying to active them, is there any kind of tutorial or trick to make them work?

Thanks in advance

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Today i´ve installed ppsspp at my switch but i´m having a lot of problems trying to active them, is there any kind of tutorial or trick to make them work?

Thanks in advance
get the standalone one, it come as a full package, you don't need to set up anything, just throw your roms and play

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these threads should have forced reading at the top of each page.

Hold R on a Switch title to get the extra ram. It will likely crash without it.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats Simple. Go to retroarch/cores/savefiles/PSP Then make a folder called "TEXTURES" open that new folder and then create a folder called "ULJM05775" Assuming you have final mix version with the eng translation. Then place the HD files in there. Aka the folders labelled: Command Board, compatibility etc etc etc. Then just enable the option in the PPSSPP quick menu settings.
zsgJos6.png

For DLC in the same "PSP" folder create a folder called "GAME" and put the DLC in there.
EkDrQhB.jpg
If I name the folder the US Title Id instead will this still work on it?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where I put DLC at on the sd card? Not for retroarch but for the ppsspp emulator itself? I can't get dissidia to work in retroarch ( not even with holding R on a game to launch it is working for me). PPSSPP works great for PSP games but I have no idea where to put the DLC or HD textures for this.

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

rinzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had luck running gran turismo? Getting 5 fps in menus which is not fun. In game I can reach 60fps but there are random slowdowns which ruin the flow :/

Edit- I posted on the wrong release. My bad for bumping guys.

Last edited by rinzu,

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i just tested the standalone version : tekken 6 runs very well 60fps but Ghost of war runs not good.

Is there any game list with PSPPP settings ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, i just tested the standalone version : tekken 6 runs very well 60fps but Ghost of war runs not good.

Is there any game list with PSPPP settings ?
Ghost of war? God of War? If so, its one of the most demanding psp games (Chains of Olympus at least, not sure about Ghost of Sparda, haven't tried it myself), you can only achieve full speed with 30 fps hack on switch, search for it in google. Some games just won't run well, don't expect a perfect compatibility for every game. Most games run very well tho, just tweak OC ..may be lower res (if its set >native) and test for yourself, there's no need for "lists" for each ppsspp port for different devices cause each one of them has its own problems and hardware limitations.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Broduskii

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ghost of war? God of War? If so, its one of the most demanding psp games (Chains of Olympus at least, not sure about Ghost of Sparda, haven't tried it myself), you can only achieve full speed with 30 fps hack on switch, search for it in google. Some games just won't run well, don't expect a perfect compatibility for every game. Most games run very well tho, just tweak OC ..may be lower res (if its set >native) and test for yourself, there's no need for "lists" for each ppsspp port for different devices cause each one of them has its own problems and hardware limitations.

Thanks for answer.

After trying more games, i have a better overview about performance : most of games can run at switch native resolution (720p) with AAA option + 16x Anitrospic . I've tried :
- Monster hunter Freedom unite 30fps (capped)
- Tekken 6 : 60 fps
- DBZ Shin budokai : 60 fps
- Locoroco 1 & 2 : 60 fps

Both God of war have bad performances but i already finished those games before and i can run on my phone. I'm really suprised about good performances of Psppp on Switch : don't stop test this homebrew with only GOW.

Thanks for this homebrew.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a compatibility list for NX version on particular? I only find for regular PPSSPPs. I'm interested in Valkyria Chronicles status

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed really bad framepacing in Retroarch in 30 FPS sidescrollers, like Dracula X and Ys Chronicles. Just makes really apparent that frames are being dropped and I assume its happening with other games where its less obvious. Doesn't seem to be as much an issue in Standalone.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, castlevania crash when I got the key and go to the door in level 2. Someone have a fix ?

I just tried this on the 10.3 build and had no issues. Make sure you've grabbed the build all the way at the bottom of here Other than that it might be some of the faster/unsafe settings you can try disabling.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: Cortexfou

AlexGubin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How to use fps hacks? I'm trying to use 30 FPS hack for Midnight club LA, but after ticking it in cheats nothing really changes.

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Seems the core is not downloadable anymore : when searching for it in Retroarch, nothing under "playstation" except for PS1...

I wonder where can I find it too... The standalone release isn't good as much as the core. Especially on Persona 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: