PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

1.jpg

PPSSPP/Libretro Switch Public Beta by m4xw
==========================================

After a lot of work, I am very happy to share this with all of you.
Audio & Video support works, many core options cause Issues tho.

It is mandatory to "Close Content" after changing any Core option and restarting RetroArch, else it will potentially crash, don't close the RetroArch menu!

Special thanks to hrydgard for everything he has done for the PPSSPP Project.
If you want to support his work, consider buying PPSSPP Gold https://central.ppsspp.org/buygold even if you don't use it!

I will PR it once the libretro port is finished, also implemented half of what's needed for a Standalone port ;)
Source is on my Github, but it's highly WIP and needs a custom RA and a custom ffmpeg, so you should just wait if you want to build it yourself ;)

Libretro Docs (important informations for this core):
https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/
Official Game Compatibility Tracker (your mileage might vary): https://report.ppsspp.org/games

GitHub (WIP Switch): https://github.com/m4xw/ppsspp/
GitHub (Official): https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

Installation Instructions

Drag & Drop the "retroarch" folder to the root of your SD, overwriting any file (it will not touch any options).
Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.

Notes

If you are using ANY method of loading RetroArch OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
These issues can skew testing and could very well be caused by loading through an unsupported method.

Video slowdowns are related to missing hardware accelerated decoding (nvdec), it's not a libretro/PPSSPP Issue.
FMV cut-scenes will be fine.

Updates

Added JIT and JIT Vertex Decoder Support
- When loading Savestates with JIT, make sure to instantly open the RetroArch Menu again and wait for it to complete loading
- This is a libretro specific bug (not switch port related) and will be fixed later on

-Added Vertex JIT Core option (turning it off fixes some games currently)
-Added Disable slow Framebuffer effects Core option (Speedhack)
-Increased Savestate Chunk size to 4MB (speeds up savestate load, ~2sec)
-Band-Aid for Savestate load + Save (no more opening menu for them to work)
-Renamed "IR JIT" to "IR Interpreter"
-Removed Threaded IO Core option (non-functional)
-Removed Non-Buffered Rendering Core option (non-functional)
-General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Download Link: <Please use the RetroArch Core updater>

Last edited by m4xw,

chaxelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone having issue with savestate on different games? I noticed that if you save on same save state slot, the other game you save state with will be corrupted. Happens to me on crisis core and birth by sleep. Anyway to fix this?

JACMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any body having issues with peacewalker like the c4 misssion. I HAVE C4 but game insist that c4 is required even tho its equipped

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone got birth by sleep: final mix to work

edit: found out one of the cheats i had in my ini file for the game was causing the system to crash

Last edited by GBADWB,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Any body having issues with peacewalker like the c4 misssion. I HAVE C4 but game insist that c4 is required even tho its equipped
Afair(ead) m4xw released a build just to circumvent/fix this issue. :) Its not a mainline release build, and the issue is real. :) It should still be pinned in the patreon subscriber channel. Cant ask for permission and upload or share it now - but maybe someone else can.

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afair(ead) m4xw released a build just to circumvent/fix this issue. :) Its not a mainline release build, and the issue is real. :) It should still be pinned in the patreon subscriber channel. Cant ask for permission and upload or share it now - but maybe someone else can.

It's that build updated with the current nightly stability?

JACMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and m4xw go way back ATHOUGH HE MAY NOT REMEMBER ME. He understands my Passion for MGS just as i understand his passion for MGS and TLOZ GAMES. I have the upmost faith in him......and thanks bro glad to know its a known issue.

Reactions: AirbusX

Drwho0894

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So did anyone find out how to get the 60fps cheat for Birth By Sleep Final Mix to work with PPSSPP Switch retroarch?

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did anyone find out how to get the 60fps cheat for Birth By Sleep Final Mix to work with PPSSPP Switch retroarch?
Make a new text file
Name it ULJM05775.ini
Paste the code to it starting with _C1
Load the game, open the menu, at the bottom of the options should be enable internal cheats or something similar, turn it on and restart retroarch and load it again and it should work

Drwho0894

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make a new text file
Name it ULJM05775.ini
Paste the code to it starting with _C1
Load the game, open the menu, at the bottom of the options should be enable internal cheats or something similar, turn it on and restart retroarch and load it again and it should work
Where do you put the ini?

nvm found it

Last edited by Drwho0894,
Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

Drwho0894

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also what dam setting is it to turn off this texture filtering or whatever it is that smoothing over all these textures. I turned off bilinear filter in video.

Im using the latest nightly. Its emulated at 1440 x 816 using the HD texture pack.
pmr0goG.jpg

I have no idea what it is. Ive tried everything in the Quick Menu options too.

Last edited by Drwho0894,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol no.
I just shared savefiles + states for that, I dont have them for that point anymore tho.
Fwiw this seems to happen on desktop libretro too.

Anyone having issue with savestate on different games? I noticed that if you save on same save state slot, the other game you save state with will be corrupted. Happens to me on crisis core and birth by sleep. Anyway to fix this?
Could be that the PSP savefiles diverged, some games dont like savestates with diverged save files AFAIK.

Reactions: notimp

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just gave this ago and I'm stumbled at how good it runs. Congrats to the devs!

My games display at what seems to be 4:3 ratio. Can someone tell me how get it to display in the correct ratio?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just gave this ago and I'm stumbled at how good it runs. Congrats to the devs!

My games display at what seems to be 4:3 ratio. Can someone tell me how get it to display in the correct ratio?
I haven't even used this core yet, but usually you want to set aspect ratio to "core provided" in retroarch's video settings.

Reactions: SpaceJump

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
anyone else experiencing psp games running in super slow motion like 1fps on retroarch 1.7.7 ? 1.7.6 was fine

asscookie17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do Korean region games cause problems for anyone? Im trying to play DJ max clazziquai and it loads fine, however when getting into a song it constantly freezes. Is it because of the region, or some settings have to be changed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple