ROM Hack Powersave error

kae5738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Trying to use powersave with mh4u however, when trying to apply the codes, it always stop on server processing and follow up with "An error occurred processing your game file." Tried filling up all 3 save slots, using a different wifi connection, and formatting the save to start with a brand new file to see if that fixed the error. Powersaves works with other games and I'm able to backup the mh4u save so I'm sure its a server error but then again, others have been able to use it so far. I know animal crossing needed some progression for powersave cheats to work, so I've already beaten the village quests and on hr 3 online.

jewfro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I honestly don't know. I've tried different cords different USB ports running in admin. Even reinstalling doesn't work. My guess is its Datels servers. But I've been at this for days with no luck. So idk

kae5738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just tested my new save with my mm n3ds 9.0 FW and powersave does work with the mh4u save created on it, so its most likely an encryption problem with classic mode.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tested my new save with my mm n3ds 9.0 FW and powersave does work with the mh4u save created on it, so its most likely an encryption problem with classic mode.
You have a point there. Never thought the gateway classic mode could be the problem. I've used the power saves on mario kart, kid Icarus, and fire emblem with no problems. I have been running into issues with bravely default (even though it worked a week ago but no longer) and monster hunter just doesn't work at all during the server step.

Edit: decided to wipe my monster hunter cart and start a new save on my legit new 3ds. Applied the money cheat and it didn't give the error processing game file any longer. So I guess we can safely assume newer games saved on gateway classic could be unreadable on power saves.

synys91

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, it may be too late now, but there is a solution for this problem.
Just insert the cart in sysnand mode and let it update to 8.1? (not sure). With that you can play the game through sysnand and you can "powersave" it. Moreover you can still use gateway with the web exploit. To update mh4u to 1.1 simply use the .cia file which is easy to find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.