Powered USB HUB for uab 3.0 hdd !!!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by shixooo, Apr 14, 2017.

1. shixooo
    OP

shixooo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Finland
    Hi,
    I have Toshiba 500gb usb hdd and i want to use it for my wii u will this self powered usb hub work for it ?!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in a dvance great forum :)

2. shixooo
    OP

shixooo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Finland
    ?????

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If it is SELF powered it won't add any power - in fact it will waste some for itself

However the picture shows a common generic-brand hub with a power supply.
    I have one of those (a 4-port usb2 model) and it's self powered without transformer, externally powered with - but the power supply is generally not included

Y cable too mainstream these days? When I bought my usb to sata adapters all 3 of them came with one out of the box...

4. Billbrew

Billbrew Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Canada
    the usb ports on the wiiu are very low powered, so you'll need a self-powered usb hub. this will provide the power required to your hard drive. alternatively you can use a y-cable, which will draw power from both usb ports on the back of the wiiu and provide enough power to your hdd. however this is not a good solution if you use a usb ethernet adapter as the y-cable will take up both ports for your hard drive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice