Powercut while using wupinstaler?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Tadashii93, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Tadashii93
    OP

Tadashii93 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Ecuador
    Anyone know what happens if a powercut occurs while I am installing a game with wupinstaler... I've read that if I'm installing my game in the USB and there is a powercut nothing happens, but if I'm installing my game in the internal storage the console will brick. I want to know if that is 100% true.
    I ask because in my country that happen very often

Thanks guys.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Why would (or why does) your power cut so often? That's not normal.

3. dyerseve

dyerseve Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2013
    United States
    You would probably just need to go into data management and let it clear the incomplete install or even just try again. wupinstaller is just using built-in console functions and even installing legit from the eshop you might lose power, it should recover just fine.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Frequent blackouts are very common in less developed countries.

Specifically in Ecuador a lot of power comes from hydroelectric plants - so if there's a prolonged drought, energy production plummets.

It was really bad in 2010 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ecuador_electricity_crisis

5. Tadashii93
    OP

Tadashii93 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Ecuador
    Thanks for answering dude, it was so clear!

Btw, I'm asking because I want to install COD Ghost (16gb) into my friend's console and he doesn't have HDD o an available USB so we have that fear...

6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Your best bet would be to wait until the next power cut, then do it as soon as it comes back on. (And maybe invest in a UPS unit while you're at it..?)

7. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I've seen reports of people getting bricks with system updates, but not with wupinstaller.

That being said, I would err on the side of caution and wait until your friend can afford a usb flash drive to install that game. I installed some games on a 32GB flash drive and it works just as well as an external hdd. These are really cheap, so that might be a good option.

8. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Nothing happens, go to Data Management, it'll automatically delete the incomplete title. After that, install again.

x65943 likes this.
  9. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I just had a power cut while installing Donkey Kong TF in the System internal memory.

It turned on just fine after the power came back and repeated the installation. Everything working alright.

x65943 likes this.
  10. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    One failure in a complex system is not a predictor of the next. Although it's true that the power will never be on longer between any two outages than it is from the time that the first outage ends, you can't know the interval.

The UPS is a solid recommendation :)