Powder 110 Released

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by FireEmblemGuy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Jeff Lait has updated his free multiplatform roguelike, POWDER, to version 110. Apparently, he's also finished a book, Menoetius.

Changelog:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Download from POWDER's homepage: http://zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=release

2. Artheido

Artheido GBAtemp Fan

Aug 31, 2007
    England
    Thanks for the news.

3. blueskies

blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2003
    United States
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Sweet, this is one of those games I can see getting lost in (meaning play all day over and over again), but for some reason I can't get past the first few levels without getting frustrated or losing interest. It's weird when I want to like a game, but I don't.

4. kazumi213

kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    Play as a melee character (barbarian) and you will be able to enjoy and finish the game. After that you will be more experienced to try runs with a different character.

Stay away from green dragons unless you have poison resistance/heaps of health and your god is very pleased with your actions.

5. supervillain

supervillain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2002
    United States
    Great game, very hard. I out of hundreds of deaths have only beaten it once but it was so fun. As for advice to advancing further: Try to make one god happy and stick with him. Also learn from your deaths.

6. mrSmiles

mrSmiles Dundunduuuun

Oct 27, 2002
    Canada
    i downloaded this yesterday, played a bit of the tutorial and loved it, though i wish for more levels or a whole different campaign with a different boss

7. Smatchmo

Smatchmo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2008
    United States
    south Mississippi