Canada
Use? Games :3
Price Range? Shrug, no more than 100$
Slot 1/2? Huh? Slot 1, right? Where DS games usually go in. I have DS-X
Built in or expandable memory? Huh?
GBA compatibility? Shrug, don't care.
Special features? Huh?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I'm looking at R4 or Cyclo :3

Not sure which is better nor which I would want. I like my DS-X, but it's so shitty and really aggravating.
Simplicity and room to hold more games is what I want :3

Could you tell me the problems of both?

or do you know a better Flashcart?

edit: Oh, I have no idea anything CycloDS can do extra .___.;; Real-time save? What?
I don't understand much about the flashcart world~

If you just want a flashkart to play games, and nothing else, go with DSTT/TTDS. It's the cheapest flashkart around, with SDHC (Which means you can have a micro sd card that's over 2 gigabytes), 100% game compatibility, almost perfect, or maybe it is, download play, and only takes 1-3 seconds loading a game.

I bought the DSCyclo yesterday since I thought I might as well get other shit for a good price.

What else can it do? Will it have room for Mp3s and lots of games or something? Is it complicated?

Generally, they can do the same important stuf. Mp3's and movies can be played on both since they both have moonshell, and the only advantage the Cyclo has is that it has the best support team, more advanced features, and some other stuff. Also, the room part, it's the same thing.... They both need a micro sd or sdhc to run anything. DS-X had a built in memory, so you can put games in there right away, but Cyclo and DSTT/TTDS need a micro sd/hc.

Ochi-Nu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Not sure which is better nor which I would want. I like my DS-X, but it's so shitty and really aggravating.

edit: Oh, I have no idea anything CycloDS can do extra .___.;; Real-time save? What?

If you just want a flashkart to play games, and nothing else, go with DSTT/TTDS. It's the cheapest flashkart around, with SDHC (Which means you can have a micro sd card that's over 2 gigabytes), 100% game compatibility, almost perfect, or maybe it is, download play, and only takes 1-3 seconds loading a game.

I bought the DSCyclo yesterday since I thought I might as well get other shit for a good price.

What else can it do? Will it have room for Mp3s and lots of games or something? Is it complicated?

Generally, they can do the same important stuf. Mp3's and movies can be played on both since they both have moonshell, and the only advantage the Cyclo has is that it has the best support team, more advanced features, and some other stuff. Also, the room part, it's the same thing.... They both need a micro sd or sdhc to run anything. DS-X had a built in memory, so you can put games in there right away, but Cyclo and DSTT/TTDS need a micro sd/hc.

Huh wait what?

I need additional stuff to have a saved game? How does that work? - lost -

What format do my movies have to be to able to play on Cyclo?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

I'll start over again. You don't need additional stuff to have a saved game. If you want to use the CycloDS, you'll need a CycloDS itself, and a micro sd to put in the cyclo. Same with other flashkarts. For the movies, you'll need a BatchDPG. You can find it in the GBAtemp Download section.

Ochi-Nu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

I'll start over again. You don't need additional stuff to have a saved game. If you want to use the CycloDS, you'll need a CycloDS itself, and a micro sd to put in the cyclo. Same with other flashkarts. For the movies, you'll need a BatchDPG. You can find it in the GBAtemp Download section.

Micro SD?
Those things for cameras? o.o

How does that work, with my DS-X, it was just plug. Drag and drop and play :3

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

Micro SD?

The DS-X has built in memory. The CycloDS Evolution doesn't. You need a MicroSD and a MicroSD adapter. You drag and drop the files to the microSD then plug the microSD into the CycloDS Evo and play.

Mailyfesux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games Homebrew Music Video
Price Range?Any amount
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Microsd
GBA compatibility? I have a EZ Flash 3-in-1
Special features? As much as possible :]
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Im currently debating Cyclods and the SCDS1. I heard that the Cyclods has 3-in-1 integration, so im leaning towards it right now. The M3 Real is somewhat a turnoff because of internal flash memory. Are the AceRPG or EV5 anygood compared to the others? Is the G6 Real Identical to the M3 Real?

Attractive interface is a big plus!

I currently own the r4ds and want a sdhc compatible cartridge.

Suggestions as to which flashcart I should buy?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Already own the 3-in-1

Ochi-Nu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

Micro SD?

The DS-X has built in memory. The CycloDS Evolution doesn't. You need a MicroSD and a MicroSD adapter. You drag and drop the files to the microSD then plug the microSD into the CycloDS Evo and play.

o_o;
Doesn't sound Portable then.

Sounds like I need to buy a MicroSD and the adapter.
So if I wanted to take my DS on the bus, I have to bring my MicroSD addition and drag it everywhere?

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price Range?Any amount
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Im currently debating Cyclods and the SCDS1. I heard that the Cyclods has 3-in-1 integration, so im leaning towards it right now. The M3 Real is somewhat a turnoff because of internal flash memory. Are the AceRPG or EV5 anygood compared to the others? Is the G6 Real Identical to the M3 Real?

Support slot-2 GBA? yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Already own the 3-in-1
The M3 Real does not have internal memory... The G6 Real does. The M3 Real uses MicroSD cards.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

Micro SD?

o_o;

So if I wanted to take my DS on the bus, I have to bring my MicroSD addition and drag it everywhere?
"Drag it everywhere"... No. It plugs into the flash cart....

All you need to play is your microSD (which plugs into the flash cart) and your flash cart....

Ochi-Nu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special features? Huh?

Huh wait what?

Micro SD?

o_o;

"Drag it everywhere"... No. It plugs into the flash cart....

All you need to play is your microSD (which plugs into the flash cart) and your flash cart....

So like. the Micro SD is thin enough to fit inside teh flashcart?

A diagram would be so great right now xD

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ochi-Nu, just look at any of the slot-1 flashcart reviews here on Gbatemp. They all have plenty of pictures that show how all the various things work together.

But yeah, a microsd is tiny. It's like the size of a dime.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry i haven't checked this thread in a while, I promise to do better, kinda hectic over the weekend
wink2.gif
Anyways,
Use? games homebrew mp3 player
Price Range? $1-40
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? no
Special features? cheat support
Others: dowloadplay, wi-fi, multicardplay decent good
can't get cyclods

DSTT is the best solution for you, or maybe the new edge card, but that's REALLY new, so I wouldn't buy it just yet. DSTT, however, is very cheap and meets all your criterion.
thanks rule i went with the cyclo ev $58.89 shiped comes monday i oreded thursday and kingston micro 2g $13.57 shiped also.Now on the ds side im all set correct? and for the gba part i should get the EZV 3-in-1 ? other than that im good? anyone can reply to this
happy.gif
 is memory size ok thoughts please...

Yeah get the EZV 3-in-1, it's a great slot-2 with very high GBA compat, rumble, and RAM for web browser. That's all you need
happy.gif
. As for the memory size, if you're just using games and homebrew, it should be fine. you can even put some songs on there, 2GB is enough if you don't need videos.
Does someone know about the Edge? Here is the site; Edge DS

It seem te be a CycloDS look a like with the same features, but then cheaper?
At Dealextreme it cost $27.96

It's a Cyclo knockoff, NOT a clone. A clone is an exact replica, but Edge doesn't have all the features of the Cyclo, for example it doesn't have RTS, and is built differently.

Use? DS games, GBA games, and just basically a backup to my M3 Real.
Price Range?Hoping to keep it under $60
Slot 1/2?Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory?Expandable
GBA compatibility?Yes, but if it's no I can just use my M3 Real Perfect Bundle.
Special features?SDHC, No lag, 100% Game compatibility (WiFi, download play, ect) auto-DLDI (optional)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Edge, CycloDS Evolution, DSTT, Supercard DS One
Get the DSTT, it's just a backup so you shouldn't get something expensive. The DSTT also meets your criterion and just as good as the M3 Real IMO.
QUOTE(Mailyfesux @ Feb 4 2008, 06:30 PM)
Price Range?Any amount
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

Support slot-2 GBA? yes

Yeah, what someone above said, the M3 real doesn't have internal memory, that's the G6 real. The m3 and g6 are pretty much identical except the m3 costs less and has expandable memory. AKRPG is pretty good and is opensource, so if you're good at hacking, you can make your own interface
biggrin.gif
. Also, it is the best so far as integration with 3-in-1, of course next to the EZ5. But the EZ5 isn't SDHC compatible, so it's not for you. So because of the great integration with 3-in-1 (better than Cyclo or any of the others), I suggest AKRPG.

micropro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? Less than $100, but the cheaper the better
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Able to turn on and off cheats in-game
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
Other? -Download play and wifi works perfectly
-Very good game compatability

Support slot-2 GBA? No
Support slot-2 rumble packs? No
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? No

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? Less than $100, but the cheaper the better
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Able to turn on and off cheats in-game
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
Other? -Download play and wifi works perfectly
           -Very good game compatability

Support slot-2 GBA? No
Support slot-2 rumble packs? No
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? No

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?
Hmm, I think only the Cyclo and SCDS1 have the ability to turn on and off cheats in-game, not 100% sure tho. If that's true, SCDS1 is good for you because it has that function and meets your other criterion, and is cheaper than the Cyclo.
smile.gif

micropro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo does look pretty good but reading the review on this site it says in-game cheat toggling is not possible.
QUOTE said:
Contrary to some user speculation, the cheat menu can not be accessed through the in-game Enhanced menu. So if you wish to disable cheats, you'll have to turn off the DS or soft-reset.

Also looking at the review of the SCDS1 the download play doesn't seem too good.

Another slot-1 card I was reading the review for is the DSTT. In the review it said the cheat toggling is done by pressing several bottons.
QUOTE[update 07.01.08] Cheats can be enabled or disabled in-game using the following button combinations. There is however no in-game menu.

L+R+START+UP = Cheats on
L+R+START+DOWN = Cheats off

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
cause of the new update, i heard the download play is 100% all you have to do is tick some box at options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==