Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Kio Mori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych, thanks much for the answer. I was already leaning toward the AceKard 2i exactly because of the reasons you gave so it's good to hear from somebody that uses it and the M3 Real.

Splych said:
the only flashcart out there that has Wii Connectivity is the CycloDS.
I thought akAIO listed Wii connectivity as a feature or did I read something wrong? Or did you mean the only flashcart without alternative firmware?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kio Mori said:
Splych, thanks much for the answer. I was already leaning toward the AceKard 2i exactly because of the reasons you gave so it's good to hear from somebody that uses it and the M3 Real.

Splych said:
the only flashcart out there that has Wii Connectivity is the CycloDS.
I thought akAIO listed Wii connectivity as a feature or did I read something wrong? Or did you mean the only flashcart without alternative firmware?

It can, I'm just guessing he forgot or didn't know that. Though I don't think wii connectivity works with Animal Crossing.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Green - Haha, your welcome. i haven't helped around in this area of the forum, so i felt that since i had some free time, i could help people out.

@Kio - Ah okay, that's good. to be honest, i actually never knew that. maybe i could test this out, since i wasted my money on Pokemon Battle Revolution, i am curious to see what would happen if i edited a pokemon in Pokesav and then porting it to Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Maybe in my free time, i will try this out.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pacha69 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
pacha69 said:
I just thought of something, acekard 2i will work on nds lite ? or only on dsi ?
It works on both.

ok thx, just ordered it ;-)
Aha awesome, good to know.

You should check out the akAIO firmware sometime, so you become familiar of what it is capable of doing xD.

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Splych said:
pacha69 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
pacha69 said:
I just thought of something, acekard 2i will work on nds lite ? or only on dsi ?
It works on both.

ok thx, just ordered it ;-)
Aha awesome, good to know.

You should check out the akAIO firmware sometime, so you become familiar of what it is capable of doing xD.

I'll do that, first of all, just to know if I have a real acekard or a clone ;-)

edit: I received it in the mail today, last version of akaio is working fine it seems, I still need to put some roms in it to test, but that's a good sign no ?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pacha69 said:
I'll do that, first of all, just to know if I have a real acekard or a clone ;-)

edit: I received it in the mail today, last version of akaio is working fine it seems, I still need to put some roms in it to test, but that's a good sign no ?
I read that if you have the latest version of akAIO working on your AceKard, then that must mean your AceKard is real. Nothing to worry about. Put some roms for testing purposes just to be sure the ones you want work.

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Splych said:
pacha69 said:

I read that if you have the latest version of akAIO working on your AceKard, then that must mean your AceKard is real. Nothing to worry about. Put some roms for testing purposes just to be sure the ones you want work.

It's working fine, I've played ace attorney all night long ;-) Thanks for all the advice :-)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pacha69 said:
Splych said:
pacha69 said:

It's working fine, I've played ace attorney all night long ;-) Thanks for all the advice :-)
Nice. Ace Attorney. That game series is worth the time you put into it ^^.

It may get confusing at times... And that''s when you must do all the possible things x]

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games, Music
Price Range? £10-£50...When I got an M3 Real about a year ago i remember it costing about £35..now it seems prices have gone down?
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? no (DSi XL)
Special features? RTS
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3i Zero, Acecard2i.

I'm buying a DSi XL at launch, and not sure if it uses different firmware to the DSi? so I may have to wait to get a flashcart. If not I just want one that will be supported and patched when needed. I remember with my M3real the support was very good with games that didn't work, and I liked the interface..however I heard that with the DSi generation of carts, Acecard has taken the lead? Any and all help is very appreciated!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LTK said:
Use? Games, Music
Price Range? £10-£50...When I got an M3 Real about a year ago i remember it costing about £35..now it seems prices have gone down?
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? no (DSi XL)
Special features? RTS
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3i Zero, Acecard2i.

I'm buying a DSi XL at launch, and not sure if it uses different firmware to the DSi? so I may have to wait to get a flashcart. If not I just want one that will be supported and patched when needed. I remember with my M3real the support was very good with games that didn't work, and I liked the interface..however I heard that with the DSi generation of carts, Acecard has taken the lead? Any and all help is very appreciated!
Hmm... The M3i Zero is probably for you. I only know of 2 flashcarts that support RTS and DSi, those are the M3i Zero or the SuperCard DS ONEi. You could wait for the SuperCard DS TWO, but that may be forever since it is currently ETA.

Sorry for short response though... Am doing hmwk >_>

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
That is the one I was leaning towards, Do you think It will work with the DSi XL out of the box?

Edit: Also does anyone know a reliable website to buy it in the UK?

beerneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
which flashcart gets updated from time to time for the dsi? I was thinking of buying a dsi and giving my lite my sister but I noticed that some of the carts havent been updated since june/july-ish

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Use? Games.. >.>;
Price Range? £20 - £30
Slot 1/2? 1, I think.. but I want it to play GBA games as well as DS and I've been reading none of them do so I guess I also need a slot 2 thingy, I'm not entirely sure.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Not to fussed.. Be nice if it supports SDHC
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Not really. x.x;
Other? Works on DSi?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Maaybe...
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Nah.

Hope I did that right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat