Country
Germany
9CF1E6D5-7952-4B24-8610-74C9C7001907.jpeg

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is in memory of the blessed time when Jesus absolutely fucking dunked on Satan, in a game to decide the fate of mankind.

Qw9bK1H.jpg

Mark 10:45:

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, AND YOU JUST GOT SEEERVED, BITCH."
Ah great, its religious Space Jam (not that i have a problem lol)

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are. I've been reading Ready Player Two, and it's a great book, but I prefer the original because there, Aech was an interesting character, and the reveal that she was a woman was a big plot twist. In RP2, Aech is a complete SJW because nobody is allowed to write an interesting character for a black lesnian anymore. They've always gotta be oppressed SJWs, because that's something you've gotta worry about in a dystopia, identity politics.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
They are. I've been reading Ready Player Two, and it's a great book, but I prefer the original because there, Aech was an interesting character, and the reveal that she was a woman was a big plot twist. In RP2, Aech is a complete SJW because nobody is allowed to write an interesting character for a black lesnian anymore. They've always gotta be oppressed SJWs, because that's something you've gotta worry about in a dystopia, identity politics.
Gotta love when someone proves a meme making fun of them lmao

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to be honest with you, I don’t think the “SJWs” that you are thinking are responsible for everything are real. Maybe at one point they were an issue and most likely isolated to sites to like Tumblr and maybe now on Twitter. But I honestly don’t think these people are the massive world changing movement reactionaries make them out to be. It’s more likely that the world is changing with natural progression and that previously acceptable shit is less acceptable now. That’s how things work. I get that Conservatives don’t like change, but it really sucks to be them because the world is going to change with or without them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does that actually apply that way around?

It became popular a while back to ask "who has seen star wars" at general nerd conventions and even ignoring those star trek purists then surprisingly large amounts of the then younger set had never seen them (and to be fair if all you had was the prequels then yeah).

I am going to be honest with you, I don’t think the “SJWs” that you are thinking are responsible for everything are real. Maybe at one point they were an issue and most likely isolated to sites to like Tumblr and maybe now on Twitter. But I honestly don’t think these people are the massive world changing movement reactionaries make them out to be. It’s more likely that the world is changing with natural progression and that previously acceptable shit is less acceptable now. That’s how things work. I get that Conservatives don’t like change, but it really sucks to be them because the world is going to change with or without them.
I don't know.
There are a few spineless types that believe what twitter tells them, and is inclined to believe them when they whine about how a gay character is not played by a gay actor, "harmful stereotypes", "coded traits" or whatever it is this week. Those I can dismiss happily enough. There are also those actors and directors inclined to go on speaking/promotion tours saying "oh this is an empowering film with representation and it was a feminist behind the scenes and we only have strong characters and [buzzword they don't know the history of], [buzzword they don't know the history of] and [actual misunderstanding of a buzzword]". If you are not inclined to dismiss such people as vacuous morons (their job is to look pretty under makeup on camera and make others look pretty on camera, if they actually know something beyond that it is the exception and probably discouraged*) and think they believe any of what they are saying or could argue the merits of it then yeah it would look like a takeover of sorts.
That said if we look at requirements for awards ceremonies then several seem to skew it away from notions of quality (however subjective and self serving they may be) and have requirements like must have X percentage of [insert theoretical minority or historically slighted group].
What is more likely to have happened is some Hollywood director/money types looked out upon the world, but these days with them also being children of the internet age then only did that, and thought that is what the kids want, made some utterly pandering nonsense no different to "well these kids like nu metal, better make a film revolving around that/crowbar it into our current film" (only to find it was a trend with a very short shelf life with the film lucky to arrive as the trend crashes and burns), 90+% of computer game based (never mind story based on) films, most adaptations, most plundering of back catalogues and... I am sure we don't need to continue the list of "why do these people continue being given millions to make this sort of thing?". Or this decade's equivalent of "no way that is not steroids" firing a never ending magazine against enemies that can't shoot straight is a slight woman that clearly can't fight throwing around said steroidal types which obviously can like they were toddlers. Personally I would say pandering and tokenism does more damage to such causes and instead maybe actually a relatable and well written character with such things as a proper focus and exploration or maybe just incidental trait.

*I did see some attempt the other week to call someone a bad person not for expressing a view (the horror) but not turning up to do a politician puff piece.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso