• Replies 34,194
  • Likes 12

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
"Verbatim" comes from Latin though. And aren't you from... Latin America? :tpi: :tpi: :tpi:
Yeah, Spanish is a Romance (Roman derived) language but the word verbatim seems do not make his way into Spanish, lots and lots of latin roots and words make in to Spanish, but some do not.

Was looking in to «Real Academia de la Lengua» the entity in charge of the study and rules for our language, and seems the only similar root what make into spanish was «verbālis.» which made most of the Spanish words referring to verbs. There are words like: Verbo, verebal, verbalmente, verbalización, all of them relative to verbs and speech.

Latin America refers to territories which uses languages from Romance languages (latin derivated) that includes: Spanish, Portuguese and french.

Also exist Hispano america, which are the territories with Spain influence (so Brazil is not included)

And there is AMERICA which is a great continent starting on «cabo de hornos - Argentina» and cover up to Alaska and canada, we all are part of America.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1707874799989.png

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: impeeza

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Speaking about Verbatim:

View attachment 419901
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 419902
Why weren't floppy disks developed further? They just stopped at some point. Any other magnetic removable storage was niche. ZIP drives got some distribution but ultimately failed. Iomega Jaz and Rev failed even more.
Great idea was LS-120 with backwards compatibility to standard 3.5" HD floppies… but it didn't gain notable distribution (still searching for such a drive).

Hell, even the ED floppy disks/drives are next to inexistent (and a single one would store a standard song at 128KBit/s with special formatting).

• Love

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In my time, it was these:

View attachment 420012
You and me buddy. I even have a unoppened box of 24 of those on my storage.

And with my father we shared some 8" floppy disk, they was 360 BYTES (no KB) by side, but you must to manually change the side of the disk, the drive unit only have a read head on one side!!

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Love

Site & Scene News