ROM Hack Possible to replace Tri Force Heroes localization with NoE's version?

Nevermore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to boot up Tri Force Heroes and Ive heard about the one doge meme localization thing. I thought it was just that one thing, but my god everything is cringe.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/167705284918247424/222583990463365120/IMG_3165.PNG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/167705284918247424/222583973216256001/IMG_3166.PNG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/167705284918247424/222583957818966018/IMG_3167.JPG

It just doesn't fit the game. I've seen people argue that because it's a spinoff it works. But when the game's setting is a medieval fantasy world, it just feels wrong to see American Internet slang used. Even if it's an eccentric thing.

So was just wondering if it's been done replacing the script with the NoE version? I'd rather play with that script (even if it's stiff/dry) but would still want to play with my friends in the U.S. Since its region locked.

Don't know if it's been done, as any searching just comes up with people complaining about this (like I am lol)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may end up hurting yourself more than doing any favors, considering the online itself is region locked. Unless you have EU friends, good luck with that.

D

Deleted User

Try replacing the script (maybe using hans? I guess you need to download the eur cia for this and decrypt it... then make a romhack for the script... I dont think it is too complicated, tho I have never done it...)

Is the region lock blocking you from playing with friends? I didnt know that... in pokemon I played with my eur console with a friend with jap console...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's definitely possible, if you can find where the language scipts are store.

The same thing was achieved on Fire Emblem Fates, replacing the US scripts with the European French text.
(thanks nintendo for no multilanguage support in the US release, again)

Nevermore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, doesn't realize it's still relevant regardless. Do whatever you want brah.
How so? You literally didn't understand what the question was about.

It was about replacing the NoA script with NoE's script. So the whole thing about region locking is moot, since the game will still be the NoA version, just with different text.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? You literally didn't understand what the question was about.

It was about replacing the NoA script with NoE's script. So the whole thing about region locking is moot, since the game will still be the NoA version, just with different text.
I read everything you said despite what you think but if a couple of lines is worth secluding yourself from some friends than more power to you. I also despise censorship as well but this is truly petty, I hope you get the help your looking for.

Nevermore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read everything you said despite what you think but if a couple of lines is worth secluding yourself from some friends than more power to you. I also despise censorship as well but this is truly petty, I hope you get the help your looking for.
So you think replacing the text files in the US version will region lock me out?

Then why is it I can play online fine in Fire Emblem Fates even though I've used the undub patch?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you think replacing the text files in the US version will region lock me out?

Then why is it I can play online fine in Fire Emblem Fates even though I've used the undub patch?
I never claimed that at all.

I simply stated it's petty to get worked up about a couple of lines to not play with friends but if you can successfully change the lines than awesome.

Nevermore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never claimed that at all.

I simply stated it's petty to get worked up about a couple of lines to not play with friends but if you can successfully change the lines than awesome.
You may end up hurting yourself more than doing any favors, considering the online itself is region locked. Unless you have EU friends, good luck with that.

Take the L.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1