possible streaming?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by xxmasal22xx, Dec 1, 2015.

1. xxmasal22xx
    OP

xxmasal22xx GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys, i was wondering if its at all possible (for the future) to stream games from a pc or a server?

this would be beneficial for those of us who do not have the means to get an sd card larger than 4 gb or whatever size, as some games need quite a biit of space

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Sure FTP with something like filezilla its just a matter on time till someone can make it happen. I used to do this with my JTAG and extracted games and simply launch the default.xex

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Dec 1, 2015
  3. xxmasal22xx
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    thats exactly what i was thinking about too

4. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Has someone did something similar with the Wii?

5. fraret

fraret A puffin

Nov 22, 2015
    Interblag
    Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: NES Remix was the first game played with loadiine, because it was so small that could be streamed and played. If we could load other games, it would take a lot of time for them to load, so its better to use SD cards.
    You could wait for the 'upcoming' IOSU exploit and hope we'll be able to use USB drives. Also, 64GB class 10 SD cards can be found on amazon for less than 20$ (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Adapter-MB-MP64DA-AM/dp/B00IVPU7AO/) and smaller ones are cheaper. With a 4GB one you can play some great Nintendo games (The WindWaker, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, NSMBU ...)

6. xxmasal22xx
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    is it not possible to load from usb with loadiine at all? like i know atm its only using sd cards but is loading from usb possible with more devolopment?

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Not right now it's not. As far as we know, you need IOSU access to load stuff off USB.

xxmasal22xx likes this.
  8. xxmasal22xx
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    is that because we havent found a game that loads from usb? like the way smash loads from sd?

9. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    No, it's just that only IOSU has permissions to use USB. Think of it this way, we've breached the castle walls (kernel exploit for 5.3.2 and below), but we don't have access to the inside of the castle yet (USB loading of games, disabling signature checks, emuNAND, etc.).

xxmasal22xx likes this.
  10. xxmasal22xx
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    thanks so much for the info, its much appreciated

11. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    initially Loadiine was able to load games only over network, till later Golden45 figured out SD access through mii maker then through SSB. Now Karaoke U is supported too.

Network cannot be used to load large game files,it would take ages to load, and it'll mostly crash a lot (So unplayable). Only NES remix was playable with that method that time when the developper was still testing over network.