Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As with any new hardware, there are various reports out there about screen freezes, bugs and other issues with PlayStation Vita.
Here's a more serious issue: a Vita that's stuck in what appears to be a debug mode.

There's no way to tell if this is legit or not (although it would be quite a lot of work for a hoax), but if you do see some low polygon dolphins swimming on your Vita OLED screen, you should probably contact Sony customer support (or put your system up on Ebay).

Source w/ video

http://andriasang.com/comzg6/vita_dolphin/

From the video, I think it looks to be legit and if that's the case, things have got worse. The chance of a hoax like this is slim and I doubt someone would hack that in a short time.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
first thing i saw it it looked like ps vita already hacked. but this seems strange ? it doesnt say how it happened ? just popped out of nowhere or ???

I thought it was hacked too until I realized the debug mode appeared with only a normal power on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is actually something that could prove useful - access to debug mode always is. It's not even a prototype model like the leaked 3DS'es, it's entirely possible that a wave of those will end up on auctions.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My question is, how does one get into that mode in the first place?

It appears that he just turned on the console and that's what popped up.

As far as "Sleep Mode" is concerned, you can see the PlayStation logo for a split second when it boots, so no, no sleep mode involved I think.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Anything that's rare fetches a high price from collectors. Were you absent when factory mode 3DS'es hit e-bay? These sold for thousands.
Nope, I was pretty much present when the news about Factory 3DSes came out but I wasn't aware of the e-bay part.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, those sold for aprox. $2500 each, despite the fact that there is no physical difference between them and stock 3DS'es at all - the difference was that the 3DS OS was not yet written onto the chips so they just had the standard benchmarks and whatnot, among other dev-related features.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can't possibly be debug mode for the Vita. Every debug system I've messed with allowed me to mess with all of the hardware. Sure this allows him to interact with the buttons a bit, but what about the touch screen or the rear touch panel and the analogue sticks. You would think if this was Sony's debug mode it would have access to things like that. I can't say its fake for sure, but I'm leaning in that general direction.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get help if you see low res dolphins on your handheld (and you aren't playing Ecco the Dolphin) period.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
This is why you never buy a sony product at launch.

I take it you're blissfully ignorant of the 3DS issues since launch? Additionally what problems did the original Playstation have? Or the PSP? (Which incidentally was fully hackable at launch and able to run unsigned code....)

Reactions: 2 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you never buy any hardware or software product at launch.

This whole back and forth here is a bit ridiculous. Almost all launches are going to be plagued with problems of some sort; it's impossible for a company to find and stamp out every possible bug. When you buy something at launch, the possibility of the item breaking is the price you pay to own it first.

Now, if these problems persist long afterwards, that's a whole other issue.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI