Possible concerns about cornerstoneleather.net?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by snails1221, Nov 6, 2018.

1. snails1221
    OP

snails1221 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    snails1221 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Anonville
    Alright so while digging deep in the indexes of google for some obscure-ish links I happend to stumble upon a website called cornerstoneleather.net. Now to my surprise after loading up the page it appeared to be an exact mirror of GBAtemp.

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Every thread that I tried loaded right up, so I assume that it's pretty much a 1:1 mirror.

My main concern with the site is that on the top of every thread there's a "free download" link.

Upon clicking the "free download" link you are redirected to some site called usenet and the file name reflects whatever thread you were previously on.

Obviously I didn't try any account related stuff as I would rather not have my current account jacked.

I tried using the search function to see if any any threads had been previously made on the topic and I couldn't find any. What are your thoughts on this?

2. paperbagthing

paperbagthing Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    Holy hell, I thought I was the only one seeing this. Seems like this is a filtered mirror of GBATemp that has since been shot down. If you click on a link to any "part" of the site, it'll claim that you've been IP Banned.

Not sure what the purpose of this was, other than stealing anyone who might've somehow not noticed's accounts. I'm just glad it's gone.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia