Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do the same thing but I didn't seem to get a crash yet. If you can, can you send me your save file of this bug so I can debug it?
This is a dead thread. Youre not going to get a buffer overflow from editing unsigned data from a text file anyway. And if it did crash, that doesn't mean an exploit is possible, it means it kept the overflow from happening which was intended.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Deleted member 370283

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this thread was seemingly resurrected, I might as well bring up the results I had with this. No, an exploit using this entrypoint is not possible. Maaaaybe someway or somewhere else, but not here.

I ran through and debugged the code, watching exactly what it does, and a buffer overflow does indeed occur. In the code, it specifically checks for a null terminating character, but never verifies the date string's length. This is all great, but the overflow does not occur within an exploitable area of memory (that I am aware of).
Perhaps I will eventually continue to search for entrypoints within this game, as this was a fun little exercise for me at the time, but as it stands, this isnt an exploitable entrypoint. Sorry guys. :(

Last edited by Deleted member 370283,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc