Possible Bricking?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MrBLT, Sep 26, 2009.

1. MrBLT
    OP

MrBLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    Canada
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix an AceKard 2 problem for my friend. Being the guy who introduced him to the DS (with an R4), I thought that it wouldn't be hard for me to fix his AceKard2 problem.

Anyhow, he told me this before the problem started:

The AceKard was trying to save a game file. The system must have been frozen or something because I let the DS Lite run for a half hour, but it never responded. I shut it off (not doing the soft reboot I've researched about), and then restarted the system. I couldn't play games anymore because after AceKard 2 loads its operating system now, it freezes (I think).

To fix the problem, I've:

- Updated to the newest firmware
    - Problem still occurs
    - Update to unofficial firmware
    - Same as above
    - Tried inserting my R4 microSD into the AceKard2
    - Results in "system file cannot be found" error as expected.
    - Tried taking all files in folders onto the root of the MicroSD
    - Still the same problem
    - Tried using a different microSD
    - Still the same problem

I'm stumped and I'm wondering if my friend bricked his AceKard 2? If not, what can I do to fix this?

[​IMG]

2. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    If it turns on, it isn't bricked.

Format you're SD with the Panasonic SD formatter, download a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.5 and the latest loaders, but them on the micro SD, and see if it works.

3. MrBLT
    OP

MrBLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    Canada
    There's a formatter? My friend insists that he did not get a Panasonic formater with his AceKard. I'm just wondering if you could do it manually, say with Windows. I tried just straight formatting with the default options on Windows, but it doesn't work.

4. Briankealing

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
  5. MrBLT
    OP

MrBLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    Canada
    Alright, thanks for the help. I have another question. I basically ran into my friend's problem now. Everytime I change some options (ie: Enable Soft Reset), or start a new game (ones that haven't been loaded before), the AceKard freezes. It stays on "do not turn off the power". I let it stay there for an hour and nothing happens. I am NOT using the Unofficial 1.5 (it didn't seem to work for some odd reason), I am using 1.4.

6. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Have you tried testing it with different microsd cards?

7. MrBLT
    OP

MrBLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    Canada
    Yes, and unfortunetly, I get the same problem, whether it is with SDHC or regular cards. Am I formatting the card correctly?

8. MrBLT
    OP

MrBLT Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2009
    Canada
    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I've tried everything that was said above, and it just freezes during loading. Am I missing any files of any sort?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice