MrBLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix an AceKard 2 problem for my friend. Being the guy who introduced him to the DS (with an R4), I thought that it wouldn't be hard for me to fix his AceKard2 problem.

Anyhow, he told me this before the problem started:

The AceKard was trying to save a game file. The system must have been frozen or something because I let the DS Lite run for a half hour, but it never responded. I shut it off (not doing the soft reboot I've researched about), and then restarted the system. I couldn't play games anymore because after AceKard 2 loads its operating system now, it freezes (I think).

To fix the problem, I've:

- Updated to the newest firmware
- Problem still occurs
- Update to unofficial firmware
- Same as above
- Tried inserting my R4 microSD into the AceKard2
- Results in "system file cannot be found" error as expected.
- Tried taking all files in folders onto the root of the MicroSD
- Still the same problem
- Tried using a different microSD
- Still the same problem

I'm stumped and I'm wondering if my friend bricked his AceKard 2? If not, what can I do to fix this?

IMG00145.jpg

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
If it turns on, it isn't bricked.

Format you're SD with the Panasonic SD formatter, download a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.5 and the latest loaders, but them on the micro SD, and see if it works.

MrBLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a formatter? My friend insists that he did not get a Panasonic formater with his AceKard. I'm just wondering if you could do it manually, say with Windows. I tried just straight formatting with the default options on Windows, but it doesn't work.

MrBLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks for the help. I have another question. I basically ran into my friend's problem now. Everytime I change some options (ie: Enable Soft Reset), or start a new game (ones that haven't been loaded before), the AceKard freezes. It stays on "do not turn off the power". I let it stay there for an hour and nothing happens. I am NOT using the Unofficial 1.5 (it didn't seem to work for some odd reason), I am using 1.4.

MrBLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, and unfortunetly, I get the same problem, whether it is with SDHC or regular cards. Am I formatting the card correctly?

MrBLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I've tried everything that was said above, and it just freezes during loading. Am I missing any files of any sort?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1