Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The worst brick you should get is a soft brick, though through user error you could get a hard brick. There is always that slim chance. Make sure you backup your NAND before downgrading

Would you say for now, downgrade from 10.5/10.6 is safe (no hardbrick)? I mean, as long as we don't do anything wrong.

I'm asking for a friend. I've already downgraded mine in memchunkhax 2.0. Wanna know how this is going so far.

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ik. can you restore a backup w/o a hard mod if hard bricked? that was my point :P
Well if your 3DS bricks from the downgrade, it's always good to have a backup. If you have to, you can hard mod it and fix it. Think about it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you say for now, downgrade from 10.5/10.6 is safe (no hardbrick)? I mean, as long as we don't do anything wrong.

I'm asking for a friend. I've already downgraded mine in memchunkhax 2.0. Wanna know how this is going so far.
I downgraded mine perfectly using the build in orange from my site in my signature.

Reactions: Ricken

SMG5

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of trolls and complete retards we get in the 3DS section is unbelievable. Literally half the threads in this section are noobs asking how to install CIAs on the latest version or saying they need help with some completely unrealistic project. I'm looking at you @SMG5 :P
Well mine might be somewhat at least possible. Or near possible, but this just straight freaking impossible

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well mine might be somewhat at least possible. Or near possible, but this just straight freaking impossible
You know this is completely real, and people have already downgraded from 10.6, right? And yours wasn't possible at all. Flashing colors on the bottom screen doesn't do anything, let alone magically load homebrew.

SMG5

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know this is completely real, and people have already downgraded from 10.6, right? And yours wasn't possible at all. Flashing colors on the bottom screen doesn't do anything, let alone magically load homebrew.
Oh I didn't read the thread though I just saw the title, but I can't run homebrew on 10.6 anymore...
Can't wait for menuhax fix

Reactions: ivantibiotico

SMG5

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A menuhax fix wouldn't help you if you can't access homebrew to install it. :P
Oh yeah I forgot about that, so that means browserhax fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A menuhax fix wouldn't help you if you can't access homebrew to install it. :P
Then we need a browserhax fix I wish we could do that but I don't think anyone knows how yet unless some weird crap happens

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
The worst brick you should get is a soft brick, though through user error you could get a hard brick. There is always that slim chance. Make sure you backup your NAND before downgrading.

AFAIK you need arm9 control to backup a NAND, so you need to be already on 9.2.

Reactions: d4mation

SMG5

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@aliaspider Need any help? I know C. :)
My 3DSs:

New 3DS (JPN) [HACKED] 9.8
New 3DS (USA) [HACKED] 10.1 Its my sister's, but I can still use it when she isn't looking. ;)
New 3DS (USA) [CFW] sysNAND: downgraded 9.2/ReiNand emuNAND: 10.6
3DS (USA) [HACKED] 10.5
2DS (USA) [CFW] sysNAND: 6.0.0/RXtools emuNAND: 10.6
^_^Nice asset there​

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got both sysnand and emunand at 9.2 but which one do I update. I want to see if possible to use my NNID on the sysnand on 10.6 while have emunand at 9.2 with all the hax and cias on it. Let me know thanks

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotten 5 soft bricks so far on an N3DS (OOT3DHax -> sysUpdater from Plailect's guide). Everything including NATIVE_FIRM appears to be installed fine. Is it normal to expect this, just keep trying until there's no soft brick?

Last edited by kiwiis,

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
added support for more firmwares for o3DS and n3DS.

svchax should now support all firmwares up to the 10.4 one except for the 9.5 firmware on n3DS which is still missing the dumps (2.49-0 : tp_NEW_0x02310000.bin).

so if anyone can boot to a CFW on the n3DS with that firmware and get that file (with the svchax_pagedump.cia linked in the first post) it would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: stl25

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
added support for more firmwares for o3DS and n3DS.

svchax should now support all firmwares up to the 10.4 one except for the 9.5 firmware on n3DS which is still missing the dumps (2.49-0 : tp_NEW_0x02310000.bin).

so if anyone can boot to a CFW on the n3DS with that firmware and get that file (with the svchax_pagedump.cia linked in the first post) it would be greatly appreciated :)
Will 10.7 be added soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh