Portal 2 Planned For PS3?

luke_c

Big Boss
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
3,587
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
Land of England
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
869
Country
QUOTE said:
vUwG9.jpg

The next issue of UK magazine PSM3 has a feature entitled “36 Must-Play PS3 Games”, and one of the games listed on the front cover advertising the feature is Portal 2. Look, it’s there on the left.

The sequel to one of my all-time favourite games is currently only listed for Windows, Xbox 360, Mac and ZX Spectrum, so seeing a PS3 version advertised is slightly confusing.

Valve has previously said that the game won’t be coming to the stinky, hard to program for and generally too expensive PS3, so either PSM3 know something we don’t, or they’re – you know – making it up.

If anyone’s got the magazine, and there’s a huge, earth shattering scoop inside with a picture of Gabe Newell eating his words whilst hugging a Sony sign, please let us know. If there isn’t, amusingly put together Photoshops will suffice. I jest.
Source.

Really can't see this being a typo and I really hope this one is true
 

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,642
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Canberra
Website
Visit site
XP
483
Country
I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,151
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.

The Orange Box on the PS3 had issues, though. It ran so much smoother on the Xbox 360/PC.

Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).
 

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
3,393
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
ndss.nl
XP
350
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).
Valve just wanted to assure that the PS3 versions of their games were of comparable quality. The Orange Box was simply ported very badly. Even though Newell isn't exactly positive about the PS3, Valve has already announced that they're looking for people with programming experience on the PS3. Valve will, without a doubt, release some more PS3 games.

When Portal 2 was announced without a PS3 version in the making I was a bit disappointed. I personally think that Portal 2 will get a PS3 release, but probably a bit later so they can fix the last parts. I also hope they'll update The Orange Box. Even years after its release, the games are still really good. I will certainly play Portal again when Portal 2 is released and I'll play Episode One and Two when Episode Three is released. Seeing as all of their games run in the same Source engine, they can easily make an update for The Orange Box when they've got their newer games running.
 

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,642
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Canberra
Website
Visit site
XP
483
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.

The Orange Box on the PS3 had issues, though. It ran so much smoother on the Xbox 360/PC.

Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).
I know that it was a shoddy port but it was stiull released and still sold a bunch.
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,151
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.

The Orange Box on the PS3 had issues, though. It ran so much smoother on the Xbox 360/PC.

Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).
I know that it was a shoddy port but it was stiull released and still sold a bunch.

Well, even a shoddy port of the Orange Box is still a shoddy port of 5 fantastic games for an incredible price. And it's not like they were crippled; they played well enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if they released Portal 2 on the PS3. They'd probably want to bring over Portal: Still Alive (which is an expanded version of The Orange Box version of Portal that's on the XBLA). Valve games are always popular and I'm sure it'd sell well on the PS3.
 

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
3,451
Trophies
0
Location
Side 7
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
1,309
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Edgedancer said:
I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.

The Orange Box on the PS3 had issues, though. It ran so much smoother on the Xbox 360/PC.

Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).
I know that it was a shoddy port but it was stiull released and still sold a bunch.

Well, even a shoddy port of the Orange Box is still a shoddy port of 5 fantastic games for an incredible price. And it's not like they were crippled; they played well enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if they released Portal 2 on the PS3. They'd probably want to bring over Portal: Still Alive (which is an expanded version of The Orange Box version of Portal that's on the XBLA). Valve games are always popular and I'm sure it'd sell well on the PS3.

Speaking of Portal: Still Alive, they never updated it did they?
 

shakirmoledina

Legend
Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
6,613
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Dar es Salaam
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
790
Country
Tanzania
no problem shifting it to the ps3 but possibly it is due to the MOVE which may make the game more interactive esp since devs think interactive controls sell (like the DS while i think gameplay and game type is the reason)
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    did nothing to it
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    C
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    eh, little on the warm side I suppose
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    wouldn't worry about it to much
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    altho I do advise you to turn up the fans to 65% orso in Dashlaunch
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    is that safe a lot of people told me not to mess up with the fan also the guy who i bough it from said that too
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    turning the fans up is better then turning them down
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    if the fans blow harder, your 360 will run cooler
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    ok doin it now
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    i might just mod it? my pc had only 1 fan with 80 temp now i added 4 fans and has 30 temp to 40 while on load
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    might put it in a pc case?
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    sounds good?
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What is the recommended banner resolution for groups?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    i dont think they is one just get the biggest banner you find for your 70's computer group
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    70's and 80's! (maybe 90's too, I forgot when CBM went bankrupt)
    And alright.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    putting a 360 in a pc case is a big project... I'd just leave it at upping the fan
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    so much for making a decent group.
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What do you mean?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    I wasted my time coming up with a cool group idea, only to end up being the only member.
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What was it?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    The Post-Apocalypse Survivors Association
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    gtg, been nice talking for this whole minute.
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    welp
    RedoLane @ RedoLane: welp