Portal 2 Planned For PS3?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, Apr 9, 2010.

Apr 9, 2010

Portal 2 Planned For PS3? by luke_c at 10:14 AM (951 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Source.

Really can't see this being a typo and I really hope this one is true

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    LOL portal would be leet on the zx spectrum.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I think that it would be great as everyone deserves to be able to play Portal. What will be interesting is to see if Valve do it or they get EA to port it over like they did for the Orange Box.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The Orange Box on the PS3 had issues, though. It ran so much smoother on the Xbox 360/PC.

Valve has been leaning towards the Microsoft/Xbox side of things since they did Left 4 Dead. I'd be surprised if this comes to the PS3. Well, unless they do another Orange Box (The Tangerine Box?).

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Valve just wanted to assure that the PS3 versions of their games were of comparable quality. The Orange Box was simply ported very badly. Even though Newell isn't exactly positive about the PS3, Valve has already announced that they're looking for people with programming experience on the PS3. Valve will, without a doubt, release some more PS3 games.

When Portal 2 was announced without a PS3 version in the making I was a bit disappointed. I personally think that Portal 2 will get a PS3 release, but probably a bit later so they can fix the last parts. I also hope they'll update The Orange Box. Even years after its release, the games are still really good. I will certainly play Portal again when Portal 2 is released and I'll play Episode One and Two when Episode Three is released. Seeing as all of their games run in the same Source engine, they can easily make an update for The Orange Box when they've got their newer games running.

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I know that it was a shoddy port but it was stiull released and still sold a bunch.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, even a shoddy port of the Orange Box is still a shoddy port of 5 fantastic games for an incredible price. And it's not like they were crippled; they played well enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if they released Portal 2 on the PS3. They'd probably want to bring over Portal: Still Alive (which is an expanded version of The Orange Box version of Portal that's on the XBLA). Valve games are always popular and I'm sure it'd sell well on the PS3.

8. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Speaking of Portal: Still Alive, they never updated it did they?

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    no problem shifting it to the ps3 but possibly it is due to the MOVE which may make the game more interactive esp since devs think interactive controls sell (like the DS while i think gameplay and game type is the reason)