Portal 2 Delayed

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAX-Prime-2010-Portal-2-Co-Op-Screens-Delight.jpg

Valve (sadly) announced today that Portal 2 has been delayed two months, and will now release on April 18, 2011. Hello, worse news I’ll hear this week. Thanks for stopping by, jerk.

In typical Valve fashion, the official announcement made us simultaneously chuckle and weep:

“This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve's proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time. Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date.”

Sad, sad days are these. Waiting until February to get our hands on Portal 2 was going to be trying enough. I don’t want to know what levels of human suffering we’ll reach come March of next year, because it ain’t going to be pretty.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708729/p...l#ixzz15mGRR85u[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I guess it wouldn't be a good game if it didn't have at least one delay..
unsure.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was Valves surprise.

SURPRISE!!

Anyway, I can wait for this game. I would rather a delayed good game to a rushed bad one.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Did the writer and editor at G4 seriously let "worst" go through as "worse"? Or maybe they're just not good at EngRish.
fixed.

Seriously though, valve probably just delayed it to keep up the tradition of delays.
Either way....its not like we'll have to wait until HL-ep 3 is released to get our hands on a portal gun again, or suffer through a 4 year id style wait. Nor are we even suffering a 3DRealms DNF carrot on a stick move back.
It is one of the more original (albeit big budget) titles coming out in a world dominated by CoD,MoH, WoW and (ugh...) casual gaming....
I think a heaping helping of patience is in order.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had hoped they would actually get it done before February, seeing as it's already november and they delayed it before (it was supposed to be released in 2010).

Still, this game is going to be amazing. They might even release it together with HL2: Episode Three
smile.gif
One can hope...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is everyone so bloody fussed about this game?

Sure its a great game and I seriously enjoyed it and still do but in my opinion Portal wasnt actually a full on game but more a light puzzle game you should get for free with a copy of the sunday newspaper if you know what I mean.
I mean its a gimmick game and not a proper game. Its like Star Wars Pod Racer on the N64(?). There was a movie, it had a good scene so they made a small game out of it.

There was a new engine, it had awesome capabilities and they had a puzzle in mind so they created Portal as a fun nondepth (cake? seriously?) game that ended up being bundled with HL2 and co like it should as an extra

Its no DNF of HL2E3 or DX3 or SWTOR or any other big game out there waiting to be unleashed on the world

Its Portal -_-

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Why is everyone so bloody fussed about this game?

Sure its a great game and I seriously enjoyed it and still do but in my opinion Portal wasnt actually a full on game but more a light puzzle game you should get for free with a copy of the sunday newspaper if you know what I mean.
I mean its a gimmick game and not a proper game. Its like Star Wars Pod Racer on the N64(?). There was a movie, it had a good scene so they made a small game out of it.

There was a new engine, it had awesome capabilities and they had a puzzle in mind so they created Portal as a fun nondepth (cake? seriously?) game that ended up being bundled with HL2 and co like it should as an extra

Its no DNF of HL2E3 or DX3 or SWTOR or any other big game out there waiting to be unleashed on the world

Its Portal -_-
If I had to guess I'd say its because it was a original idea, and a rather well executed one at that. Besides games that are extras have been very successful before *cough* geometry wars

I for one am looking forward to Portal 2 and hope that valve can resist delaying it again...but knowing valve.....well...we'll see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: